Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike starts but seems to die before I start the oil blinks red and turns off when I start it will not stay started it seems to die I’m wondering what to do is this bad I put new oil in

·
Registered
88 Posts
To troubleshoot things on the internet you need to provide more detail. For example what year and model bike do you have?

On all bike's the oil light goes on when you initially start them. It's so you can tell the bulb is working. It's only a problem if it stays on. On some bikes the number of blinks after the bike first starts acts as a trouble code to tell you what the problem is.

Unless added way too much oil an oil change is not going to cause a bike to not idle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To troubleshoot things on the internet you need to provide more detail. For example what year and model bike do you have?

On all bike's the oil light goes on when you initially start them. It's so you can tell the bulb is working. It's only a problem if it stays on. On some bikes the number of blinks after the bike first starts acts as a trouble code to tell you what the problem is.

Unless added way too much oil an oil change is not going to cause a bike to not idle.
I have no clue I drained the oil and I put 10w40 in I put 4 litres as it says for a Kawasaki ninja zx10 and it’s still haven issue the light flashes red and when I turn the key to start it starts but won’t stay on it will die and then the light still flashes

·
Registered
88 Posts
I don't have a ZX10 but this is apparently not that rare a thing. Here's a whole thread on it. You can use the search function to find more:

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I have no clue I drained the oil and I put 10w40 in I put 4 litres as it says for a Kawasaki ninja zx10 and it’s still haven issue the light flashes red and when I turn the key to start it starts but won’t stay on it will die and then the light still flashes
Changing engine oil with 4 litres of oil has nothing to do why engine dies. How long has this bike been sitting?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts