Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 99 Zx9r and want to lower it an inche so I am more flat footed. How am I able to do this my self and what will it change on the handling? Also what about stretching and what benefits will it offer?

Claps1775 99 ZX9R.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
stretching and lowering is great for drag racing.
Lowering the bike an inch won't have too much effect on handling. You may lose just a little ground clearance when leaned over. Lower the front and rear an equal amount. Lowering an inch shouldn't require a shorter kickstand. You should check the angle of the bike when you have it on the stand after lowering the bike though.

You maybe able to find some adjustable lowering links (dogbones) on ebay for the rear. the front is lowered by raising the forks in the triple clamps.

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thank you. I am 65 inches tall and the bike sits to high. I can handle the weight when its me but I am not comfortable with someone on the back.

Claps1775 99 ZX9R.

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
Cool thank you. I am 65 inches tall and the bike sits to high. I can handle the weight when its me but I am not comfortable with someone on the back.

Claps1775 99 ZX9R.
You're only 65" short but your bike sits too high?:headscratch
get a scooter? :mfclap

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So how difficult is it lowering the front? Be doing this all myself.

ZX9R next best thing to Sex.

·
Registered
427 Posts
its easy, you just have to loosen bolts on triples but make sure you have front end supported and accurately measure the distance you lower on each side

1 - 6 of 6 Posts