Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Listed as coming off a 98p but all the pipes I've seen for a p have longer horizontal header tubes. Could this be a Muzzys ?

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Uh, why dont you ask the seller? Are the retainers free floating or welded in place.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I am pretty sure I have a Muzzy and the main tube is much shorter. Let me try to add some pictures, Stefan

·
6,707 Posts
The easiest way to tell if it is a Muzzy pipe is this little "tit" welded on to retain the flange.

20210104_231810.jpg

·
Registered
3,660 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
The Muzzy systems I have, have balance pipes and a 4-2-1. They are both Ti systems from the late 90s. The Muffler styles changed to clamps on later

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for everybody's help. I bought it and when I get it I'll bead blast it and install it. This is turning out to be a really fun bike. The 14r may need to find a new home lol.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well the ebay pipe fell thru. Two days after paying the seller refunded my money with no explanation. I ended up buying a full exhaust from Black Widow UK. Cost was 460.00 and I had it in 2 days.
I already had one of their pipes on my zzr1200 so I figured it would be decent. They come with a flange adapter so you can run a 3 bolt can or a 2 inch slipon. I already had a Dominator 3 bolt can so I'm using it for now. Fit and finish is actually pretty good and it clears the radiator no problem. Also has a merge plate in the collector. The tubes are 37mm vs 35mm oem. It looks eerily similar to the long out of production Akrapovic system I've seen except it doesn't have crossover tubes. On another note I saw something yesterday that really took me back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts