Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of changing the steels in the clutch. Well, before I could get the pressure plate on, my god brother comes outside and pulls the clutch lever. Now the clutch lever is "frozen" and I can't pull it at all and the pressure plate won't go on because of the center spindle being too far out and won't go in any further. Any ideas on how to fix this?

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you cant force back the slave cylinder piston, which would be odd you couldnt, i might be wrong, but you could always crack the bleeder valve, then force it back. Keep in mind, if you do that, youll need to re-bleed the system.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up pulled the slave cylinder off, pushed the rod back, put the pressure plate on with a few of the bolts and reinstalled the slave cylinder. Worked out perfect. I'm about to take it for a test ride to see how a new clutch feels. While I was at it, I changed the oil to Rotella T6. Supposed to be good stuff with people reporting smoother shifting so we'll see I guess. Had a bit of an issue with the old oil filter being stuck and didn't have any type of oil filter pliers so I got a little creative. I used a screw on hose clamp and put it on nice and tight without deforming the filter and I put it on in a downward facing position and used a ratchet with the correct sized socket and extension and pushed up. Worked like a charm. Wish I could have the hour of my life back I spent trying to pry it off with my hands. :-( Thanks for your help bro!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I'm supposed to be selling my bike at the end of the month to get a zx10. After getting the clutch straightened out and a good oil change, I might not. Tonight was the best ride I've had on that bike ever!!! I feel like if someone buys a zx7 with a slipping clutch, change the clutch and wake up the monster. These bikes are absolute beasts when everything is in tip top shape. Never been more happy with my purchase!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts