Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. i just bought an 03 zx6r about a week ago. it needs a front tire, a chain, and i figure it will need sprockets with the chain. since this is my first street bike i dont really know much about who has the best products and what will be good or bad for the bike. i want a really good front tire, and i want a sprocket and chain that is not going to break or wear out faster than they should. basically i just want opinions and advice on what to use and where to buy parts from and really any advice that anyone has.

thanks in advance,
jason

·
Registered
683 Posts
First, you should always buy chains and sprockets together. Never put a new chain on old sprockets, never put an old chain on a new sprocket. They wear in together. Second, I always run an aluminum rear sprocket. Some people are scared and insist on steel. The steel may last a little longer, but the aluminum is a better performer.
T

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have purchased alot through Indysupperbikes, good product, good service, good prices......
http://www.indysuperbikes.com/

oh, and I don't know about the other guys here, but I always have my front and rear tire matching......I don't mix brands and or models.....some may argue that, but that's just the way I do it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have purchased alot through Indysupperbikes, good product, good service, good prices......
http://www.indysuperbikes.com/

oh, and I don't know about the other guys here, but I always have my front and rear tire matching......I don't mix brands and or models.....some may argue that, but that's just the way I do it.
Your a brilliant lady, matching rubber mmmmmmm yip thats the only way:clap . Dont mind the odd slide on the reaer but when the non matching stuff lets go, it just lets go for good:eek:hno

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i had heard nothing about tire matching untill i had already got the call saying my bike was done getting the tire put on. i got a micheline pilot power in the front.

i didnt get the rear changed but it has a bridgestone battlax and it still has pretty good tread. do you really think that it will be a problem? im starting to worry now lol.

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
no the pp will hang on is your rear thats gonna cause trouble

1 - 7 of 7 Posts