Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang.
Just got home from work today and saw something very unsettling.

The thing that bothers me is that I dont know when this happened. I took my girlfriend out for a ride the other night and was hot doggin with her and I think it happened then lol. I knew I needed a new rear tire cause this bridgestone is the original rear tire from when the bike was brand new. And they can only last for about 2 burnouts.

What I need help deciding on is a new rear tire. :dunno

I've been looking at the michelin pilot power 2CT because it has a hard compound on the center and a soft compound on the edges for twisties.

Please let me know if anyone out there has had any dealings with these tires. Thanks much in advance!

·
Registered
35 Posts
wow that cut looks horrible...well i'd do a long burnout and kill those and pick up the michelin pilot power. I'm riding on the pilots now and being in vegas the hard compound really helps out with the xtreme hot weather here. You can't go wrong with them...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow that cut looks horrible...well i'd do a long burnout and kill those and pick up the michelin pilot power. I'm riding on the pilots now and being in vegas the hard compound really helps out with the xtreme hot weather here. You can't go wrong with them...
The regular pilots or the dual compound?

·
Registered
44 Posts
just to let you guys now the dealership near me gives away used tires and if you can find the good ones there great i drag race and go threw tires like butter cause the burn out before every race during the season i go threw about 20 a month buying them would kill me talk to your local dealership and see if they would do the same ride safe

·
Registered
35 Posts
I used the h2 front and rear on the street,which I believe is their intended usage, great tire, but take awhile to warm up like all michelins i've used.s2,m2 are meant for the track,h2 is the "race tire" for the street.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts