Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to change my spark plugs on my J1. i dont have the original socket supplied in the tool kit. Any idea what size the socket i need is and where i can get it from, i know it's a thinner socket than most.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
80 Posts
i lost mine as well all i did was went and bought the spark plugs to redo it and then my long socket ended up being long enough to just use that

·
Registered
4 Posts
You need a 14mm plug socket if memory serve's. I thinks there are only 2 standard sizes for plugs and bikes generally use the smaller.

·
Registered
147 Posts
It's a 16mm socket. I just checked the manual.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
I just use one of the three that was in my cheapo stanley tool set. Pretty sure it's not metric, and it works fine.

·
Registered
147 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know your probably done already but would like to offer a tip for next time. Pick yourself up a piece of fuel line, about 10-12 inches long and I believe 3/8 inner diameter (fits tight on a spark plug top). I use one that has the weaved fabric on it, for some reason its more flexible. After you break em loose stick the hose on the plug, the hose allows you to be in any position and makes it easy to remove, installation can be just as easy, just snug em up after you put em in using your socket. I scored this tip form my instructor in HONTECH at MMI...works great and been using the same hose for 7 years now. its part of my required tool kit for pulling plugs in my shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts