Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Seen it before. In my opinion he leaned way to much off the seat, at the same time he went over some loose gravel and it caused the back end to kick about a bit. In his blind panic he probably did the worse thing possible and closed the throttle when he should have opened it a bit more to try and stabilise the bike. In closing the throttle it caused the bike to start fishing tailing really bad and then eventually come off. Very lucky he wasn't killed right out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't think so.
Trying to impress for the camera, he saw the bend opening up ahead and opened the throttle too much while still leant over thus spinning the back wheel (pre traction control model). Instead of just easing off to regain grip he panics and grabs a handful of front brake which stands the bike up putting him onto the verge, from where he over-corrects, still braking, onto the opposite verge which is bumpier, and CRUNCH.
ABS may have kicked in while on the verge giving zero braking on the loose surface - always try to stay on the blacktop.
Moral of the story - when being filmed, just ride as normal.(unless it's a policeman, in which case ride correctly!) :smile

·
Premium Member
13,222 Posts
Seen it before. In my opinion he leaned way to much off the seat, at the same time he went over some loose gravel and it caused the back end to kick about a bit. In his blind panic he probably did the worse thing possible and closed the throttle when he should have opened it a bit more to try and stabilise the bike. In closing the throttle it caused the bike to start fishing tailing really bad and then eventually come off. Very lucky he wasn't killed right out.
It looked like he grabbed a handful of throttle right after the wiggle started, but that may have been the perspective of the camera bike slowing down. The C-14 seemed to jet away as it crossed from the right shoulder to the left.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts