Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just wanted to know what you have found and what you got on the 07s zx6, naw meen! hers mine :crazyloco

·
Registered
264 Posts
Protection first works good. Tank pad, sliders. Then, solo seat and fender eliminator to get away from the out of the box look. I'm looking at a Scott's steering stabilizer and a set of Pazzo shorty levers. Probably by the end of the season I'll add an aftermarket slip-on (can't decide which yet) and a custom map.

·
Registered
234 Posts
First thing I did was have the dealership pull the passenger pegs. And put the solo cowl on. This was before I even took delivery.

Then I did the tank pad the second day. Then I did the fender eliminator over that weekend. Then after a bit I did sliders all around, and Pazzos, deleted the decals, deleted the fork reflectors, and installed the Puig double bubble.

I'm keeping track of all I will do / have done with an Excel spreadsheet.

Well, I tried to post it as text but they have the
Code:
 tag disabled on this forum so it just shows up as a garbled mess but if anyone would like to see it I can send it to you, just shoot me a PM.

EDIT
Well, I took a screenshot :)  Costs are rough, I like to work in worst case numbers.  So if you see something that looks off or really high, that's because it is.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/phobos512/moto_mods.jpg[/img]

·
Registered
191 Posts
Question: If you've got a brand new bike- would it be smarter just to add a slip on exhaust or actually just get a new exhaust system?? Would there be a huge difference in performance??

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
donno exactly but ima find out thou! im just gonna put a slip on myself.

·
Registered
179 Posts
So far the only mods I have done is a Two Brother's slip on exhaust with fender eliminator kit and a tank pad (if you want to count that). I also replaced the front reflectors with a couple of the bolts that were left over when I switched the exhaust. I have done an oil change and upgraded to a K&N oil filter though. :crazyloco

I have a few parts on order though. I have Shogun no-cut sliders on the way, a rear seat cowl and a Puig smoked double bubble windscreen. Hopefully everything will make it here this week.

·
Registered
234 Posts
If you're looking at it from a performance standpoint, that K&N is no upgrade. Get a Purolator or Mobil 1 filter and superglue a nut on the end, you'd be better off :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Actually, I don't consider it an upgrade at all, at least not until it comes to oil change time. That nut on it is priceless!!! :smile Considering that they are only around $8 each through Amazon with free shipping (when you buy three) they are definitely worth the minimal amount of extra money over the oem filters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts