Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Hi,

I'm new here. Thought I would post a pic of my 91 ZXR750 track bike. I've been working on it for about 3 months and it's not finished yet.

So far I have:

stripped the bike down to just the frame and engine....had the front forks rebuilt, revalved, resprung, anodised and the bottom of the forks powder coated...repainted the triple clamps...replaced the handle bars....repainted the front wheels...put a quick throttle on.....had the starter motor overhauled...changed the oil/filter...had the radiator flushed and repainted and removed temp switch...painted the rear wheel...replaced the chain with H/D one...rekitted the clutch slave cylinder...bought 2nd hand fibreglass and painted that plus painted front guard and hugger...bought a brand new fuel tank (was on special)...had the seat recovered...bought new brake/clutch levers...new pads front (sintered)and rear...braided brake lines front and rear...new kit thru brake master cyl...totally rewired the bike so there was no side stand/lights/horn...fixed the thermo fan brackets and made a seperate switch for it...made a new dash with neutral light/ignition switch/thermo fan switch and a capilary water temp guage...welded a small flange on and fitted a Muzzy can plus cleaned and repainted the headers and exhaust...rebuilt the carbies with Dynojet kit...fitted a Veypor speedo/tacho/data logger with track timing/maping/G force etc....fitted quick release fuel cap..fitted a tank protector and hand grips...made a mesh stone guard...fitted new fuel lines and quick release fuel coupling....fitted some race rearsets....made a spacer to replace front speedo...plus all the other stupid jobs you have to do.

The bike is currently at a workshop getting a new set of front wave discs, a race air box, Pirelli tyres and a dyno. So hopefully it should be all ready to go when it comes back.

I was told that a ZX7 inlet cam fits straight in this bike and gives it quite a few more horsepower. Anyone got a spare one laying around that they might want to sell? (I live in Australia)

·
Registered
199 Posts
contact Doug Meyers . A couple of years ago Doug told me he knew of some "new" ZX7-RR race cams that were at that time available.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ozzy, how do i contact Doug Meyers? Where is he located?

(apologies for my ignorance)

·
Registered
990 Posts
I think he is doing stuff for Muzzy at the moment. May get a contact there.

Very cool looking bike :cool

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually the fairings are off a superbike that ran here in Australia in the Winfield Challenge by Kawasaki australia. They used to be Orange, white and Green but I repainted the Orange a blue colour (which I reckon looks ok). The Fairings/tail piece I have were on a bike run by Micheal o'conner. However that the only really high performance thing about the bike.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Cams & stuff for 7RR

A thought on the cams, try contacting Hawk Kawasaki to see if they have anything, as they were running 7RR's in BSB in '03. Ya never know.

Website if you have not got it
Hawk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts