Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,582 Posts
Fuel port and leaky petcock issues are sorted but i still have fuel line leaks. The clear lines that are available here at auto parts stores are utter garbage that constantly kink and leak at the nipple. Can somebody please tell me the diameter required as i will order the black ones they have in the US as these are what were originally on the bike and worked well. I am referring to the two that feed from the tank into the petcock.
Oh, the molded fuel lines.

TUBE,FUEL,"ON" 92190-1349
TUBE,FUEL,"RES" 92190-1350

I learned my lesson trying to use the fuel lines at the auto parts store. Long story short, they don't work in real world application on our bikes as they kink when reinstalling the tank.

Reactions: Therion

·
Registered
952 Posts
Oh, the molded fuel lines.

TUBE,FUEL,"ON" 92190-1349
TUBE,FUEL,"RES" 92190-1350

I learned my lesson trying to use the fuel lines at the auto parts store. Long story short, they don't work in real world application on our bikes as they kink when reinstalling the tank.
Neither tube is available anymore. What solution did you find or did you score them somehow? Generic black fuel lines were actually on the bike when i bought it and they not only worked but held up for roughly 8 years until dry rotting.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Neither tube is available anymore. What solution did you find or did you score them somehow? Generic black fuel lines were actually on the bike when i bought it and they not only worked but held up for roughly 8 years until dry rotting.
Oh my....

I bought set a few years ago and didn't anticipate them being discontinued. I'm at a loss for words.

·
Registered
952 Posts
This along with so many other essential parts not being available any longer is part of why i am selling the bike after a decade of ownership. I wonder if the other three Japanese makes along with Ducati, Aprilia, Triumph etc hang owners of their vintage models out to dry like this?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Anyone know the diameter of the OEM molded fuel lines used on the L model bikes? I am thinking 3/8" but want to confirm.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Anyone know the diameter of the OEM molded fuel lines used on the L model bikes? I am thinking 3/8" but want to confirm.
I believe so. I know it's not 1/4 and I think 5/16 is too big

Reactions: Therion
41 - 47 of 47 Posts