Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,580 Posts
I found a fuel tube/filter unit for a J model ZXR750 but have no clue if the thread is the same diameter. Part number is different but perhaps only the length is shorter. Worst case I suppose I can find a plug for the ON port and just run fuel into the petcock from the RES port but I prefer to keep my stuff original.

I couldn't imagine there being a fitment difference between the J and L for this. So many other parts are swappable

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,580 Posts
Found this:

Edit: I see your previous post stated the diameter is a different size. crap.
Edit2: I can't tell by looking at it; but, they look the same.

Reactions: Therion

·
Registered
952 Posts
Thanks, 92. I will buy that 1070 too because mine is missing the filter for some reason. Long shot but if anyone has a J tank laying around and can check if the RES port has a larger diameter thread like on my L it would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
952 Posts
For future reference in case somebody else has this problem, the ON port thread is a metric 10x1. I found a plug at a plumbing supply store until i can locate this pos. It is almost certain somebody somewhere has a new stock one hidden away.

·
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
For future reference in case somebody else has this problem, the ON port thread is a metric 10x1. I found a plug at a plumbing supply store until i can locate this pos. It is almost certain somebody somewhere has a new stock one hidden away.
And we hoard them unfortunately......

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ignition switch they over heat and the spring loaded contacts melt . Rairly need a new switch but take an exacto knife trim the burnt plastic to free up contacts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ignition switch need drill out .

Theres an anti theft . From 12v -6 volt a resister in ignition .

If not propper voltage the ignitir dont send the signal ! She will run lean , and die on you .

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Couple of flaws with your logic. Ignition timing is triggered by the pick up coil not the “computer”. The CDI takes that signal and tells the coils to fire. Timing cannot be altered unless you change the timing rotor. The grey wire tells the CDI to NOT spark.
Lean mixture on a carb bike is 100% carbs. Nothing to do with CDI or ignition switch.
Not here to argue but you make no sense unless you have a computer controlled EFI, ZX7??

·
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Are you sure about that ?
The ignition cant interfere with the spark or ignitor ?
I calll bs and u clearly not a ckue
14 posts in here, and babbling a bunch of dumb showing you know nothing about CDI based circuitry. Did you come in here with questions or to show off your ignorance?

If you do not have the correct voltage from the key switch, the CDI will not send a signal to run the fuel pump relay as well as not send a signal to the coils to fire. The bike will not run at all without fuel and spark.

A lean mixture is a calculation of low amount of fuel in relation to air. There is no electronics in the carburetors to make a change the air fuel ratio.

Go on over to one of the GSXR forums. They are filled with rude people like yourself.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I was trying not to lose it on him. He obviously believes that he is a great mechanic and rider. I have become really tired of all the guys who know everything. I try to learn from here all the time, that is why I asked him to explain to me how a bad ignition switch could cause carb or cooling issues. No answer, just “you don’t know…”.

·
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
You are more patient than I am. I'm not close to an expert. I learned a lot by having lots of these bikes and being decent at electronics. I've been wrong, I'm sure I'm wrong on something now, I'll be wrong again. I just do my best to learn from it.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
I am trying to figure out how an ignition switch grey wire, affects my cooling system, carb jetting and ignition timing? Just looking for an explanation as I am really confident that he is mistaken.

·
6,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Look at the picture he posted of his cooling system mods. It will answer everything for you.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Fuel port and leaky petcock issues are sorted but i still have fuel line leaks. The clear lines that are available here at auto parts stores are utter garbage that constantly kink and leak at the nipple. Can somebody please tell me the diameter required as i will order the black ones they have in the US as these are what were originally on the bike and worked well. I am referring to the two that feed from the tank into the petcock.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts