Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We get this question so often it is time for a sticky.

Check these:
Grey wire having just under 6 volts
All grounds clean and tight (engine, frame behind fuel pump, subframe, water pump, harness to battery)
Jump the kickstand switch by unplugging and putting the two ends together
Make a jumper wire and plug in to the outside two plugs of the left control on the harness side (unplug from left control and jump)
Open and clean the kill switch bar control
Make sure the fuel pump relay is plugged in well
Remove all wires from the starter relay and clean them
Check/clean the power wire going to the starter
Make sure the neutral switch wire is clean and tight
Make sure the ignition pickup connector is tight
Check the connector to the alternator is not melted, corroded, etc. This happens often.
Take the handle of a screwdriver and smack the starter solenoid and junction box. The relays inside get stuck from time to time.

If none of those, check the fuel pump relay.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ZX7 cutting out

Hey man, I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction here, I have been checking the forum for a similar issue to mine. I have a '92 ZX7 J which has never had a problem starting up, once she starts up she will cut out dead after a few minutes, no matter how much I try to start her she just won't budge, the engine turns over but she does not fire up. Usually after a few minutes I try her again and she fires up. Once on the go she will cut out at will and the rev counter will react by moving rapidly and involuntarily across the gauge, once warm she will occasionally back fire then back to normal again. I have never had trouble with the bike before and it is in regular use
Once warm the problem seems to be less of an issue, any ideas?

·
6,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That doesn't sound electrical. I'd open a new thread with more details

1 - 6 of 6 Posts