Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,

i have kawi zx6r 2005 , i am facing heating problem , simply the temp of my bike increases rapidly especially when hitting gas no mater what speed i am driving , on hiway for example is can reach 98 to 100 with no traffic and when i not hitting gas it will decrease very slowly to 85 c ,

i checked the water pump, fan, thermostat , coolant level ,oil (if there is any milky couleur) ,all are good and i am confused what will be my problem...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yess cooling fan goes on at 100 c

the temperature start clamping when the bike is on load (hitting gas) no matter what speed you hit the temp wil not go down until i let the gas it wil start to decrease very slowly

·
Registered
129 Posts
OK that sound like it's working as it should 100 to 103 deg c is when the fan should cycle.
Have you had the Bike long as I'm wondering if your worrying for no reason if you've just got it ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the reason that i am worried , for exemple my temp is 87 c at speed 60 km/h ,i take the highway my speed is 140 to 170 km/h , then the temp should drop because there is more air right ?, my temp is going higher instead it will clamp w still clamping to reaches 101 and it will go up to 101 and stop increasing when i stop hitting gas and it will drop very slowly then nearly 1 degree drop every 4 minutes ,

·
Registered
129 Posts
OK might be worth carrying out a cooling system flush and replacing with Bike specific coolant which is premixed 50/50.
I'd replace the Thermostat at the same time as it maybe partially opening restricting the flow of coolant.
Also run the Bike up to temp and check no hoses are partially closing.
Does the Bike loose/use any coolant ?
How many Miles/KMS has the Bike done ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
one thing that i realized today that when i comeback from the ride i squeezed both of the hoses that comes from and to the radiator ,they were hot but i didnt feel any pressure on it , i am thinking maybe the cap isint holding the pressure into the cooling system , but theres no overflowting from the reservoir and not loosing coolant ,

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK might be worth carrying out a cooling system flush and replacing with Bike specific coolant which is premixed 50/50.
I'd replace the Thermostat at the same time as it maybe partially opening restricting the flow of coolant.
Also run the Bike up to temp and check no hoses are partially closing.
Does the Bike loose/use any coolant ?
How many Miles/KMS has the Bike done ?
i will replacement of the thermostat , and will tell you if its works , my bike odo is 28k kms

·
Registered
129 Posts
Make sure you flush the system and replace with Bike specific coolant at the same time.
If your able it might be worth pressure testing the system and at 28k I'd treat it to a new Rad Cap..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Make sure you flush the system and replace with Bike specific coolant at the same time.
If your able it might be worth pressure testing the system and at 28k I'd treat it to a new Rad Cap..
okey i will do it tomorrow and let you know the updates , thank you very much for your time 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your welcome 🙏
i did changed the rad cap things are better but the problem is not solved , i took of the thermo and test it in water i heat it up and before boiling (at approx 85 to 90 degree c) it start to open up and when i took it of from boiling water it closes back on so i assume that the thermo is ok

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thermostat sounds like it's working as it should, Cap's no good so have you flushed the system and replace with good coolant mix ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i searched in the manual it says that thermostat should open at 58-62 degrees so maybe my thermo is not good , and yess i flushed the system and bleed the air out

·
Registered
129 Posts
It depends on exactly how you measured the water temp, The fact it's acting like a stat opening & closing suggests it OK but to get an exact open/close test you will need an accurate way of determining the water temp.
If your sure your temp measurement was accurate then time for a new stat...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It depends on exactly how you measured the water temp, The fact it's acting like a stat opening & closing suggests it OK but to get an exact open/close test you will need an accurate way of determining the water temp.
If your sure your temp measurement was accurate then time for a new stat...
i will take it off and see if there any changes if yes i will buy new one if no i will place it back and check for something else

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i will take it off and see if there any changes if yes i will buy new one if no i will place it back and check for something else
hi bro it took it off , the bike runs cooler but the main problem remains , so it put it back and send it to a professional garage to take care of it , when it will be fixed i will tell you what is the problem that ia had been facing it , thank you for your help anw :) regards

1 - 17 of 17 Posts