Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

381 - 391 of 391 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
Just a quick update on the cruising missile; it’s my daily rider (for the most part). I ride it whenever I get the chance. Here’s a couple pictures I took yesterday when I was out on it.

I’ve acquired some really cool parts for it but I don’t want to tear into it now that riding season is upon us. I think I’ll be doing all the mods in the fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #385
Honestly it’s a rocket. I’ve bumped the boost up to 15 pounds and it goes like Wile E. Coyote with his hair on fire.

·
Premium Member
13,019 Posts
I would avoid adding anything that takes this monster out of the "sleeper" category by giving away any hint of the goodies hidden under the plastic.

·
Registered
13,316 Posts
I admit, I was a little worried that this would become the beautiful beast in the corner that's too valuable to ride. That it's being used for daily duty right now is the best part of the story.

·
Premium Member
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #388 (Edited)
My ZX12R evolution (or "What's going on in the Fatcave today?")

Thanks guys! This bike is too much fun to ride for me to let it sit so I ride it every chance I get. The mods won’t give away the nature of the beast because they’ll all be hidden. I acquired some internal engine parts and (indirectly from a very well known Kawasaki builder/tuner/racer’s private stash) a new turbo and header. Amazingly enough, my home built header doesn’t look too much different than his race header. And I might be doing some computer and fuel injection upgrades with all that. I also acquired a set of Performance Machine rims for the ZX12’s and I’m considering installing them but I’m thinking polished rims might be a little too much on this bike. I love the sleeper look, especially when the “know-it-all’s” walk right past it on bike nights and don’t give it a second look.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Yea, I never been a fan of shinny wheels... I been playing with different colors planning on powder coating mine at some point... think I am going with a gun metal grey... I keep looking at aftermarket wheels...from what all I have read, one of the more noticeable upgrades of all... especially when turning..heavier wheels tend to want to continue on in the same plane they been spinning in, the heavier, the worse it is.. and unsprung weight reductions are way better than typical weight savings... been a while since I visited this thread... spent couple hours reading on it when I first joined... glad all is well with it..enjoy

J

·
Premium Member
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #391
Just been riding.... no issues to report

381 - 391 of 391 Posts