Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it's been pretty bad luck so far.... how's this for a start...

3 Days before leaving, some drunk frat boys kicked my bike over. cracked the middle right fender (i duct taped it up), and cost me 300 to get it towed and the right-peg/rear-break fixed so i could drive it. scraped up my handle bars a bit, and the bottom fender piece.

i leave Central Pennsylvania, rain after 2 hours of riding. soaked all the way to mid ohio.

stayed the night, rode up north to Erie, cloudy but generally nice. got a bit lost in toledo making my way back to i80, but over all good day! rode almost to Iowa, and stayed the night in western Illinois.

The next morning, got up, strapped on my piles of luggage and started off. seems i didn't strap the backpack on tight enough, and it slid down to my pipe. big trouble! caught all my training gear on fire, part of my suitcase (salvaged that thankfully, just surface damage), and melted the black plastic that covers around my center-pipe fixture.

pulled over, put out the flames, reconstructed my set up, got on the road, and then a truck scared some birds, causing one to splatter on my helmet, and giving me a nasty headache. pulled over, washed the blood off, kept going. got to iowa pretty much 110 and horizontal due to wind the whole way from Indiana. No police issues thus far. *knock on wood*

I'm waiting out the big storm at my Uncles in Cedar Rapids Iowa, then i'm heading to an other martial arts school, then the badlands. I'll probably hit up another computer in the black hills while i get my new tires and a tune up.

Overall, riding is smooth, stopping every 110-130 miles to refil gas with 2.5-3.5 gallons each stop. averaging speeds at a low of 82, mid at 93, and high at 103. outliers on that graph would be truck passing around 70mph, and a few moments of 112mph for passing. haven't gone much faster than that, and until i it Iowa, i was making good time. this will be my 3rd and hopefully final night here as this huge tornado/thunderstorm monster passes by.

the ZX6R is rockin the whole way, wind is rough at times, but all that luggage doesn't really help the situation! haha. i've only seen one other sports bike on i80 thus far, a suzuki. I stopped at Toledo East Honda (they deal Kawasaki, Honda, Suzuki), and they looked at my reuder for some weird rubbing noise. nothing came of it, so back on the road i went.

that's my sum up. keep ya'all updated!

·
Registered
200 Posts
man, i am so jealous. sounds like you are gonna have quite the intresting trip. hope all is well for ya on your next leg of the journey

1 - 2 of 2 Posts