Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well fellas my crazy a** supervisor laid down his BRAND NEW ZX-10R last night. He had bought the bike a couple of weeks ago and finally wanted to take it for a ride last night. He bought all the bells and whistles to upgrade his bike before he even rode it. Now i remind you he is an experience rider. I told him before that the bike was powerful and fast. All i can do is shake my head when i heard the tragedy this morning at work. He walked away from the crash. Its funny because he was talking all kinds of s*** about whipping our butts on the highway and he cant even break 10 miles on the bike before crashing.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hopefully the crashes will slow down. But, man its so weird how someone talk so much trash and lay his bike down without even 10 miles on the bike. The only thing that matters is he is okay.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a good friend and his very first bike EVER was a 2007 ZX-10R SE. Yeah, it was laid down in under 300 miles. He's fine, but the thing is all scratched up. I warned him, but noooooooooooooooooo.

Glad to hear your boss is okay.
I told him to that the bike was fast and powerful. But, no he didnt probably let the wax burn off the tires.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aww man dont speak that on yourself. lol
congrats on the new bike purchase

·
Registered
117 Posts
It definitely is crash season. In my small city of 17k we had one killed and one critically injured in two separate accidents a couple of hours apart. We had our first really nice week of several sunny days in a row, its been a very wet winter, and everyone and his brother was out riding.

The first was a 57 year old who was apparently forced off the road just outside of town when a little old lady changed lanes on top of him. He died at the hospital. The second actually happened at the end of my block when a 25 yr old male with no helmet on an older Honda 600, looked like a hurricane, and a Jeep Cherokee "...entered the intersection at the same time."

They airlifted the rider to a trauma center in Seattle in serious condition. The Driver was unhurt. The bike hit the car in the right side door. It looks to me like the bike had the right of way. They police were out there with an accident investigator for over 3 hours. They even called in the fire dept ladder truck so they could take some aerial views of the intersection.

so you guys think a ZX9R is too much for a first street bike? will i be laying down any time soon???
It's not a matter of IF but WHEN.

I hadn't laid a bike down in over 10 years and then crashed my '98 ZX-9 in a 20mph zone downtown then two weeks later crashed my '96 600 Ninja in front of my house. I haven't crashed since, knock on wood.

I guess what I'm saying is noob or experienced, fast bike or slow, you just never know. Always wear your gear. If the kid who crashed down the street from me had been wearing a helmet he probably would be in a lot better shape than he is.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Boxer Diego Corrales was just killed on his bike. Tragedy

·
Registered
649 Posts
You just never know, a month ago I laid her down on a cold, wet paint strip in the road.... was only going about 15mph but still..... trashed my slider and put a nifty little gash in my lower fairing. I was wearing my leather so no real damage to me.....:banghead :banghead :banghead

Always wear your gear, nobody ever plans on it happening!!!!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
so you guys think a ZX9R is too much for a first street bike? will i be laying down any time soon???
Bought my son a new ZX10R for his VERY FIRST BIKE in January. He has now done 8000km without any incidents, but had a couple of scares on the way!
However, I am out with him every weekend teaching him everything I know, trying to keep him out of trouble, but yes, you never know what the tin-tops are going to do, so, watch out for them, and the road conditions.

Always remember, only go as fast as the lenght of open road ahead of you, if you can't see around a bend, slow down, and a clean piece of road now, can be full of diesel in 10 minutes time!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Funny you should mention crashes, my buddy and I was doing to some road racing yesterday (before you bash me, this is backwoods mountain road that probably doesn't see 30 cars a day) very very curvy. Anyways left the leather pants at the house full gear otherwise, laid it hard in a curve and the dang pegs dug into the road and almost lost the rear end. It was like someone shoved the kickstand down. Needless to say i almost pulled the cover off the set when my A$$hole drawed up :rofl ! Anyways note to all and MYSELF becareful out there.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Bought my son a new ZX10R for his VERY FIRST BIKE in January. He has now done 8000km without any incidents, but had a couple of scares on the way!
However, I am out with him every weekend teaching him everything I know, trying to keep him out of trouble, but yes, you never know what the tin-tops are going to do, so, watch out for them, and the road conditions.

Always remember, only go as fast as the lenght of open road ahead of you, if you can't see around a bend, slow down, and a clean piece of road now, can be full of diesel in 10 minutes time!!!!
ZX10 for his first bike? Even with you riding with him and teaching him, it sounds like a bad idea to me. Hopefully everything works out for the best. good luck.
T

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey, i know when i had my last accident i was very blessed and lucky to only walk away with just a rode rash on the ass hahaha. And i also had a broke wrist. From that point on i bought me a full suit and i'm always suited when i ride.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Funny you should mention crashes, my buddy and I was doing to some road racing yesterday (before you bash me, this is backwoods mountain road that probably doesn't see 30 cars a day) very very curvy. Anyways left the leather pants at the house full gear otherwise, laid it hard in a curve and the dang pegs dug into the road and almost lost the rear end. It was like someone shoved the kickstand down. Needless to say i almost pulled the cover off the set when my A$$hole drawed up :rofl ! Anyways note to all and MYSELF becareful out there.

damn you was low as hell...

·
Registered
366 Posts
My first bike was a 1990 ZX11C1. I crashed after braking malfunctions (locked up on me at 55MPH). I was wearing a full helmet, leather jacket, race gloves, khaki pants, and slip on penny loafers... LUCKILY I rolled instead of sliding, reducing the road rash on my legs.

I've laid it down twice since at low speeds, both times wearing full gear. I'd rather a dead cow take the brunt of my noobishness than my skin.

Ride safe. Have fun.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts