Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyones commented on the great aspects of the bike; power, handling, panniers, quality etc. with with i totally agree, but after 10 days and 1250 miles there are a couple of things I've jiust got to get fixed;
1) the screen - no matter what i do i can't get a buffetting free ride over about 90mph. Any thoughts? 120 mph and i can hardly see due to my head being buffetted.
2) the seat - the shape of the pillion seat forces the pillion towards the rider and is not high enough for my wife (hates looking at the back of my head having come from sports bikes). Going to get a local guy to increase the height of the seat and recover.
3) bars are a bit high for me. A couple of inches lower would still have me upright but leaning forward slightly would spread my weight in part opver the top of my thighs rather than just the bottom of my back. Has anyone seen any lower bar mounts yet?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Gee Garry,,, I'd like to know what previous bike you rode at 120 mph that DID give you a buffetting free ride. As far as suggestions, here's a couple:

- Keep your speed less than 90 mph unless you're on a track
- Get a helmet that has better wind cutting properties
- Buy a taller wind screen

:rotflmao

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just what's the point in purchasing a 1400cc / 150bhp + / 250kg plus machine and then riding at less than 90mph!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I spent the weekend running at 140 + and running 120 in the sweepers. The wind was strong with the shield down (naturally), but it was clean air and the buffeting was minimal, It isn't quite as clean as my 'busa was, but much better than my FJR at similar speeds.

·
Registered
85 Posts
There are some new screens available now - I have a Cee Bailey on order and several other guys have CalSci screens and like them. Not sure when the factory seat comes out, but Corbin is working on one now. Don't know about bars...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Like many of us who have decided to go more to a touring bike versus an all out sport bike, we are used to flat seats that do not push you and passenger into the tank, lower bars one has to reach forward a bit and typically keep the arms straight (not the sit up and beg position), and of course the added benefit of having your weight distributed between your hands, inner thighs, and feet - not all your weight on your butt.

The C14 with it's great power and handling, additional wind protection, and size for two up riding just needs a few tweaks.

I too would be interested in lower bars, smaller windshield I can look OVER yet still avoid the wind blast, flatter seat, and lower bike by an inch or two....ahhhhhh we'll get there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts