Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
4,704 Posts
This is coming along nicely

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
How bad are yours I ended up with a 93/95 side fairing. It’s missing a piece but could be used to splice in. I think it’s just missing the very back.
I cracked mine where it mounts up to the frame. LH side panel

·
Registered
1995 ZX-7R
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Engine bottom-end assembly went well. Took my time, and thought about things before I assembled them. Everything moves well...and fits. I was dreading putting the case halves together, worrying about making sure the shift forks were aligned....but it went pretty well.

I think, for the first time in my life, I actually took the right number of reference photos while taking something apart.

Tomorrow we do the top-end. I had the pistons professionally matched to the bore...everything is great. Looking forward to gapping the rings.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive wheel system Engineering

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Engineering Gas Machine

·
Registered
1995 ZX-7R
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Panels were painted today. I just wanted something simple, so I did a pattern inspired by the '93 ZX-7. One day I'll re-paint the whole bike in the proper '95 pattern, but this will do for now. There's one run in the green....very small. I'll see how bad it is once the paint is cured and I'll wet sand it out if I think it's noticeable.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Space Auto part

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Reactions: leiflarsen

·
Premium Member
6,755 Posts
You can get it in the States as well.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
Nice work (y)

That was commonplace on air cooled inline fours due to the inside cylinders running hotter but never heard of it on a liquid cooled engine.
I believe Kawasaki was the only manufacturer at the time that did this. This is what I've heard. So, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
21 - 37 of 37 Posts