Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(CRASHED MY Z1000)

I just got my new to me 2003 Z1000 on March 23, 2012 and it has aftermarket windshield, Power Commander, chrome rims, rear seat cowl, custom satin (not matte) black paint job, aftermarket mirrors and a K&N air filter. It had 13,680 miles on it when I got it and I've added about 1,200 miles already and made a few changes to it also... Now onto the pictures.

Let me know what you guys think... Also I miss my ZX7, but the Z1000 is a lot more comfortable.

When I first got the bike this is how it looked.

I painted some stuff - The radiator covers gold and it had too much silver on it so I blacked a little out, so I painted some of it black (The case cover and rear sprocket will be black soon too).

Also added a wireless remote LED lights to the bike also (Including in the taillight also)

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
WOW!
I wasn't expecting to be blinded.

Nice pics.
I have a feeling there maybe some more changes in the future.
Keep us posted.

·
11,782 Posts
I love those Z's. Been looking for one for a while and can't find anyone asking a realistic price. Congrats.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply guys. There is indeed more to come with this bike. :) I will post more pictures as I go.

Shifty:
If you want a Z1000 with decent miles and a wild paint job there is one in your state for 3,200.
http://huntington.craigslist.org/mcy/2949635052.html
one in Philadelphia - http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/2971138271.html

Also if anyone is ever looking for a bike, use this website. It puts every county for any state on one page for you to view easily. It's how I found my Z1000. www.statewidelist.com

·
11,782 Posts
Thanks, Fame. Already got an email out to the one in Proctorville...took a quick look after I first saw this thread.:lol We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just an update on my bike: I had it dyno'd for free at an open house at Maroney's Cycle in Newburgh and it has 129hp. It made more than I expected so I was excited. It has a Power Commander 3, K&N air intake filter and a full Muzzy exhaust. Not to shabby horsepower for a naked bike. lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Crashed my Z1000... :(

I ruined my poor 2003 Z1000 this weekend, I was ripping through a set of turns I am familiar with, but haven't been on recently and apparently it had a ton of pot holes and loose gravel washed out all over the road from the heavy rain the day before. I came around the turn leaning hard into the turn and hit the worst part of the road and the front end began to head-shake and the back tire lost traction and finally when I came across clean pavement the back tire washed out on me. I went down and stayed conscious through the rolling and skipping across the road into the grass. Luckily there wasn't any curb, guard rails or trees when I crashed, just a nice bit of rocky pavement and soft grass to slide into. Long story short, I ruined the entire top right hand side of my bike. I need a fair amount of parts for the bike if anyone is willing to help me find them. Z1000's are hard to find parts for and I really need to locate a gas tank for it. I wish that I had put full coverage on my bike like I had spoke about around a month ago... Any help will be greatly appreciated. I'm road rashed up and can't work yet either (just happened this past weekend).

·
Registered
22 Posts
check on z1000forum.com, there was 2 full part outs on the for sale page. Or riderforums usually has good parts, I've picked up a bumch of stuff off there.

Sorry to see the damage, hope you can get it back together and are doing alright.

Jeremy

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Collision insurance is usually not cost effective for a 9 year old bike.
Consider just looking for another bike from a private seller. By the time you replace the damaged parts, you may well have $2,500 invested. At least you don't have a full fairing set to replace.

I'd consider parting the bike out and buying something else. Should take you 60 days max.

Glad you're OK.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts