Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So its true, you get what you pay for when it comes to helmets.
My Old HCJ will collect dust now in place of my new Shoei X-Eleven.:evil
Its so light weight and much much quiter. With the addition of a quick release system I added, it now makes the ride so much sweeter. The air flow is also truly bitchen. I have tried it with the lower chin cover on and off for various low and high speeds and can say it does do a little good, but the way it sort of snaps into place is not so good. Its time for the addition of a little rubber cement in 3 places for this chin cover and it will stay in place much better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same helmet and love it. I used to have an Arai Quantum 2, but the airflow on the X-11 is about a million times better. And I always use the chin wind guard, seems to help. But yeah, its installation is a little suspect, rubber cement ought to do just fine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have also seen some other items I will try on it and perhaps do some modifications on it too.
I see a think called the wind jammer II, I may try this, except modify it so the bottom of this device does not overlap as it does on the helmets bottom area.
also I think that the rear wing on the X-11, the underside rear edge, mine has a gap on it and I will check under it to see if this gap is there for a reason or can perhaps have some foam stuffed into it so as to cut down on potential air noise it may be creating. I will also try and see if I cant make that visor system more fine tuned. I heard you can manipulate it somehow so as to make the visor sit tighter against the rubber seal. also make it so you can use the lever to lift it to a specific opening spot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts