Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2007 zx-14. It was running ok. Then I took off the power commander that was on it. There were frayed wires. I contacted Dyno-jet, the company that makes the power commander and they assured me that no damage would come to the bike by removing it. It is just a piggy-back device to control the fuel injectors. Well, after I took it off, it would not start. First I got the FI error. No code came up after that. That is how the service manual says the error system should work. Now all I get is a blinking green neutral light and a blinking red oil light.
Does anyone have any idea why it won't start? Battery is fully charged. I have gone over the no start possibilities in the service manual but none seem to be the solution. :frown2:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never disconnected the crank sensor. And never disconnected the ECU. The power commander device just has a duplicate plug that connects to the fuel injectors. Replacing the factory connector.
I am going to check the main 30 amp fuse next. But you have to take the gas tank off to access it. I can't think of anything that I did that would cause the main fuse to blow. As far as I am concerned these power commanders are pieces of junk. The company are scam artists. I have seen You-tube videos that have the power commanders on the bike and the owner says he dosen't see much difference.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the bike is back running ok. I located the 30 amp main fuse and it was ok. I put some dialectic grease on the 30 amp fuse and all the connectors I could find. Bike started right up and is back to the way it was before. I have no idea what caused the shutdown. These bikes are sure sensitive to bad grounds or corroded connections. By the way I found an easier way to access the main fuse. Take out the battery and it is right beside it. The service manual shows it behind a cover underneath the gas tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts