Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The epicenter of the chaos called the Sturgis Rally is only twenty miles up I-90 from my house so I had to pay main street a visit the other day. At least it's easy to find a white metric sportbike among all the Milwaukee stuff...I'm going back up tonight and see if I can get some interesting photos...

I paid her $5 to lean on my bike and pretend she liked me...

Well worth the fiver though, some were a bit past their 'use by' date...

There's no shortage of grandpas attending who act like they've never seen a half-exposed boob before..

·
Premium Member
13,207 Posts
I rode up there to the rally several years ago. Everyone was exceedingly friendly, but the roads were clogged 24/7. When the rally's over, they roll up the sidewalks in Sturgis. A stop there a couple of years later (not during rally week) on the way to Montana yielded a 380-mile day ride to all the monuments and over almost all the good roads.

·
Registered
118 Posts
every pic i've seen of the women of sturgis has made me want to puke to death.
what a bunch of nasty ass old yeast bags.
$5? i'da paid her five bucks to get the fuck away from my bike.

·
Registered
937 Posts
that wasn't very kind:rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

·
27,825 Posts
They should call that event, " Old People with leather and Harleys rally":evil

·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts
My dad is up there. Wanted me to meet him but that's a long ride on the 6

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I was at Sturgis in the 80's on my BMW R60/5.

You don't even need any beads to get a flash. It was pretty much the "thing to do".
We would all shout out "Show us your tits!" and out they would come. But then again, they are only built onto the women-folk for the feeding of children.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Sturgis is kickass, but the standing around in town part is not.

All the toothless old bitches who can't keep their clothing on make me not want to go.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
She was a good sport about it, I appreciate that part. She could have just told me to f#ck off.

I tend to take images of the more grotesque stuff there, but there's a lot of nice-looking women walking around Sturgis, but they're usually not the exhibitionistic ones slathered in black skankwear and tattoos, just short shorts and a t-shirt.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I rode this yesterday morning. Many of the differences between my 2007 and the 2012 were immediately apparent to me, it's just a different bike with a family resemblance. I really liked it. Maybe next year. I rode nine or ten bikes at the Sturgis test rides, including a V-Max (I've ridden one every year at Strugis since they came out), another bike I'd love to have....what's not to like about a motorcycle that won't get more than eighty miles on four gallons of premium if you whack the throttle more than twice per ride?

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
They should call that event, " Old People with leather and Harleys rally":evil
Correction:
They should call that event, " Old People with skin like leather and Harleys rally":
:evil

·
Registered
68 Posts
You can thank me later for this visual Sturgis treat...(note the 'Old Guys Rule' shirt in the background).

I guess that this confirms it.
They try to sell that nasty, leather boot/shoe "conditioner" crap wherever motorcyclists gather.
I think I actually bought some once...about 20 years ago.
All it did was dry my leather boots out.

"Hey Sweetie...c'mere and let me polish yer boots"

I avoid making eye contact with them at all costs now.
:evil

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
whats the immediately apparent difference; I have an '06.
The clutch felt different, maybe not 'better', but different. The 2012 shifted smoother than my 2007 and was noticably stronger in the mid-range, as measured by the seat of my pants. The 2012 was quieter to my ear than my07', which to me is a plus though others won't like that part. The entire cockpit/dash area was finished about 300% nicer than the 1st gen 14's, which look about as cheap and plastic-y as they get. I felt the same about our 2009 Concours (now gone, thankfully).

Add to that that the green 2012 ZX14 is just about the nicest-looking large sportbike I've ever seen and it all adds up to it being quite different from the 2007 I currently own. I'm going to wait to get one though, if I ever do that is, I never know what I'm really going to end up with from one year to another, keeps things interesting that way.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts