Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,924 Posts
Yep, batteries can do this. Regulator overcharging or failure within the battery itself. You can measure voltage across after you buy a new 1 & get the bike running again to check charging numbers. Dont tear apart that alternator just yet.:cautious: My money is on battery failure/defect, considering point of manufacturer :oops::rolleyes::D

• Wow
Reactions: 92Ninjas and mattv

· Registered
3,924 Posts
Hi Blaine, what do you mean with "considering point of manufacturer" :unsure:
Florida. Florida has never been known for high quality manufacturing, & Ive seen batteries do EXACTLY what yours did. Internal short to ground between two contact "plates", "terminals", what ever within the battery itself.

Hooking up a new batt and checking voltage across the terminals @ 3000 rpm will give u a better picture where the failure is coming from. A defective alternator/voltage regulator made by KAWASAKI or an AGM that came from a shit hole State like Florida? :oops::LOL:

Course, the Big Crank batteries I whole heartedly endorse are built in Virginia, :(:oops: so Im not saying much of anything really.... LMAO!! Just think its the battery and NOT your alternator. :cool:(y)

· Registered
3,924 Posts
You mean I was wro...wron....wrong? :oops: :oops: :p :whistle:

Glad to hear u got her fixed.... (y)

• Haha
Reactions: 92Ninjas

· Registered
3,924 Posts

· Registered
3,924 Posts
I'm a donkey on electrics, but this tiny device sounds way expensive to me...
I'm not sure about that being a fusible link. It kinda looks like they have a transistor bolted to that brass plate. If someone could figure out what kind of transistor it requires, you could get it from AMAZON for less than $5.00 US, -vs- the $118 CDN they are charging.
Anyone care to venture a guess?
Im thinking a fusible link is a physical overload backup designed to melt & disconnect from a potential short/extended current overload . The one posted I think is just a digital version of the same thing, i.e. a Circuit breaker??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts