Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked my bike up today around 6:30 amd rode home from Tampa. It was about an hour 20 min. This bike is faaaast. :mfclap I was surprised when I got around 12grand and up. I know this was messed up and risky but I had no plate no insurance no registration. The previous owner said I had 48 hours to get it home like that lol. I want to post pictures but my iPad2 won't even let me (how lame) :headscratch. Anyway, I have some questions and concerns. I'm not sure if its bc it's a Florida bike but the rear shock area has a white paste like material on it. Salt? Sand? Then the front break reservoir ? Little cup thing on right side of bars..is almost fn empty. The rear one is low..I can't believe I didn't notice when inspecting the bike. It runs sweet though and sounds like a bully! Full two brothers twin exhaust, PC, Fs's, Fendor elm, michellins, batt tend and vapor alarm that doesn't work. Uuuugh a bunch of things I need to work on. The previous owner also put retarded red and blue light strips one in front of tach and one near radiator. I also want to know what the best brightest headlights are (reasonable prices) bc even though my bikes green these old farts still make me uncomfortable. :banghead

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. Sounds like you do have some work to do. Fill up the brake fluid resevoirs, ceckk the oil and all fluids, and enjoy. When you get the time work with the electrical stuff. And as far as headlights go, if you are looking for HID's go with DDM Tuning hid kits. Cheap and work awesome. Mine are BRIGHT!! I have hi's and lows in my 09.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
congrats and welcome. can we see some pics??

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
You have some serious general maintenance to do. The brakes are the most important system on the bike. More so than tires. You should really change the fluid both front and rear.

White paste like material. Sounds like lithium grease. Have no idea why it's on the shock.

go here for hids: http://www.ddmtuning.com/Product-Categories/Motorcycle-HID-Kits-Lighting

Get the 55 watt ballasts and 5000K bulbs. They are white and not blue or purple or green. If you want to see, get white or the 5000Ks.

Check the chain slack. You need some basic maintenance chemicals too. Check that bike over again. you don't want to break down when you're a hundred miles from home.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope that link works. Well..that's all it is where I'm at in Florida. The average age is 109. Jk guys relax! Pics up though I hope? Let me know!

·
Panda Man
4,462 Posts
Congrats on the bike and welcome to the forum! Looks pretty clean, although I'm not a fan of all the stickers :dunno

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jaxper I agree about the stickers im in the process of taking most off! A lot of them are under clear coat though. Makes me question if my bike is even a monster edition or not? Ugh I feel dumb. And Clark the link you sent me was to login. Are you trying to tell me to join?

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Jaxper I agree about the stickers im in the process of taking most off! A lot of them are under clear coat though. Makes me question if my bike is even a monster edition or not? Ugh I feel dumb. And Clark the link you sent me was to login. Are you trying to tell me to join?
I gave you a direct link to a ride that will show you the northrun at a slower pace so you won't be likely to crash. I hate logins too. It's part of internet forum life.

·
Panda Man
4,462 Posts
The big black ones would be my main concern, if it were my bike, so hopefully (if you feel the same way) those ones aren't clearcoated on.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Would a VIN lookup answer that question?
It doesn't matter, afaik they are mechanically no different, its just a graphics "package".

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Its a monster edition..I just found out I have the left gasket leak too >: fuuuuq
You have an '07 6R right?
The monster edition came out in 2009. Your bike has a monster decal kit on it. The '07 model has the gasket leak and the infamous Kawi tick. The gasket is easy enough to fix. Change the plugs at the same time. Kawis just tend to be loud bikes mechanically. The tick isn't terminal. It's normal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes sir. I haven't heard any tick yet but the other day I was cleaning it and noticed the oil on/near frame slider. It's not that bad but def noticeable and I feel like I failed in doing my homework. I have an apt for the local kawi shop on Friday. I'm sure they have dealt w it before. Keep ya posted! Oh and I tried to upload the pics of leak but my 600 dollar retarded ipad2 doesn't allow me whoooo woulda thought . Pos.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Yes sir. I haven't heard any tick yet but the other day I was cleaning it and noticed the oil on/near frame slider. It's not that bad but def noticeable and I feel like I failed in doing my homework. I have an apt for the local kawi shop on Friday. I'm sure they have dealt w it before. Keep ya posted! Oh and I tried to upload the pics of leak but my 600 dollar retarded ipad2 doesn't allow me whoooo woulda thought . Pos.
It's not the phone. This forum doesn't allow regular image uploads as an attachment. You have to copy paste the image code from you photobucket albums. I pasted your pics from your photobucket album before.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts