Registered
1,026 Posts
Nice ride... and welcome to the boards.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
btw quick question. the registration says its a 1998
but the tag with the VIN # says its manufactured in 1997.

can u guys tell what year it is?:headscratch

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Some bikes that are manufactured (as with cars) in the last few months of the year will have a build date on them as of that year. IE: a 98 built in October of 97 will show 10/07 on the tags even though it is a new model year.

As with Mustang cars... the very first Mustangs were offered in 1965, but you will occassionally hear someone touting their car as a 64 1/2 Mustang. That's because the first '65's rolled off the assembly line in June/July of 64.

I would say your bike is a '98 that was built in the last couple months of '97. Check the tag... it probably says 09/97 or later.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some bikes that are manufactured (as with cars) in the last few months of the year will have a build date on them as of that year. IE: a 98 built in October of 97 will show 10/07 on the tags even though it is a new model year.

As with Mustang cars... the very first Mustangs were offered in 1965, but you will occassionally hear someone touting their car as a 64 1/2 Mustang. That's because the first '65's rolled off the assembly line in June/July of 64.

I would say your bike is a '98 that was built in the last couple months of '97. Check the tag... it probably says 09/97 or later.

Hope this helps.
ill check when i get home. thanks man
btw. is there any body style changes from the older models to my model?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Welcome to the Family 9rBLAZE9r...:mfclap Nice bike, like that red color... Keep it safe out there...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts