Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 1998 Kawi ninja 500... im having problems with the carbs... the bike falls on it face when accelerating.... i changed air filter/ plugs etc and i have narrowed it down to what it is but i need to know what to replace... the vacuum diaphrams in the top of the carbs are good with no holes, however i took out the air filter and with a mirror i was watching the slides... one lifts up when i throttle it and one doesnt??? i reached in and pushed it up while giving it throttle and it reved up fine... what do i need to do to make it lift on its own? i put a little spray lube on it, everything is clean... HELPPP:banghead

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
youve got something wrong with that carb, pull it apart and triple check that diaphragm and check all the passages going too and from the diaphragm. i guarantee something is clogged

·
Registered
841 Posts
make sure the diaphragm is seated properly where the top of the carb and the part of the carb you took off (to get access to the carb) join. On my carbs I used a little light grease to hold the diaphragm in place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i got the slide to rise, i cleaned it and put a little grease on it and the diaphram seal... its still bogging though...??? do i need to clean the carburator bowls? it will eventually rev up and overcome the bogging.. as soon as it unrevs it boggs on acceleration again.... it starts up and idels perfect

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
k guys, went ahead and cleaned the carbs, took out jets and cleaned them... everything got cleaned, needles looked great etc.... bike runs a ton better, but it still has a problem, no more bogging but instead it stutters/ hesitates on acceleration.... any other ideas? it overcomes the stutter around 5k rpm

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Slides are to rich. Take the needle shims off the needles.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
spray some carb cleaner around the connections and make sure you don't have any leaks from the intake boots, and hoses, just do a once over again make sure you didn't miss anything, other than that you just need more tunning get them carbs sync'd and the problem should go away

1 - 7 of 7 Posts