Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm mainly an offroad guy but I picked up my first street bike today. 2009 250R that was laid down. I picked it up for $1000 flat. 26k miles, no weird noises coming from the motor, transmission shifts great. It needs cosmetic attention but I'm excited to get this one going. Ive built plenty of ATVs but this will be the first bike.

Picked it up like this:

I pulled all the thrashed plastics off and cleaned it up a bit:

It needs a lot of little things. Foot pegs, lights, one handlebar is bent, and the fuel tank key is frozen. Other than cosmetic cleanup it should be a good runner.

Does anyone have reccomendations on where to look for non-OEM parts? I will probably keep it pretty simple and go for a streetfighter-ish look rather than replacing all the fairings.

I saw a picture of a 250R with a shortened subframe that looked GREAT.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
There is a cafe racer build started on here (in the 250 section) that was looking pretty cool. He has taken some time off from it and has not posted an update recently but I keep checking because it looked interesting.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: Ive been doing research but I have a big camping trip planned two weeks from now so the project is going to have to wait a few more weeks.

Whats planned/required:

-Rearsets
-blinkers/headlight/taillight
-tires
-Jardine GP1 exhaust
-Replace airbox w/ pod intake
-clean & carb
-move gauge cluster to handlebars
-cut subrame off behind seat
-bedliner fuel tank and overflow bottle

Nothing too fancy. It should be a murdered out bare bones bike when im done with it.

first step is DMV, second step is camping trip, third step is wrench time!

I was hoping to find some OEM rearsets but im having little luck. I'll probably have to go aftermarket unless I get lucky.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts