Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I picked up a 1995 ZX7R L3 with 8800 miles for $1500. It runs and is in decent shape. However it has been poorly cared for and needs work. I live in a condo so no garage or place to do work on it myself. I hope to change that soon. So the mechanical work has all been farmed out to a local shop that specializes in Kawasaki's.

I am getting the following done as we speak:

CRG levers
1 new turn signal due to rubber being broken
wheel bearings
D.I.D. chain and sprokets
fuel petcock
carbs rebuilt and tuned
air filter
plugs
all fluids
head bearings replaced
front forks rebuilt with custom springs for heavier rider
new front pads to replace the fork oil soaked ones

In addition I have bolted on a D&D since the photos. I have also put on a new set of Dunlap Q2 tires.

If the shop finds anything else needing attention I will fix it.

I have ordered a florecent green zero gravity windscreen along with new hardware for it. I was told 3-6 weeks to get it...kinda sucks

I am looking for new bulbs for the lights. I wanna do one white one yellow light.

This winter I will be finishing off all the details like powdercoating wheels to stock and any other metal parts not up to par. I will have all plastics to 100% painted and stock decals put on the bike.

Does anyone know where I can find the rear seat delete or whatever it is called. The thing that replaces it and makes it a solo seat bike.

Thanks and I will post all final work done to the bike after I get it back along with new pics. As the build continues I will keep updated photos coming. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

Ok the photos all exceed photo size quotas. Not sure what to do about that...BOO

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Throwback I'm working with someone that does custom decal work. If their price is crazy I'll just pay to airbrush them all on.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Pics or it didnt happen :thefinger

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
oh, and welcome :thefinger

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^ :crackup

Pics tonight. I gotta figure out how to do it. They are all too big. When I figure that out I will keep the pics coming as the bike is being done in stages.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Welcome aboard neighbor. I will be watching your build thread. We should have a Chicagoland ZXF meet/ride sometime.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome aboard neighbor. I will be watching your build thread. We should have a Chicagoland ZXF meet/ride sometime.
Heck yea that would be awesome. I am excited about getting my baby back from the shop. I'm pretty much giving up hope that it will be this weekend. I get the vibe I will be seeing it next week.

When I get it back I plan to take better photos. I only have a couple. I might just make a youtube video of it so I can just put a link in the thread. Seems I'm not smart enough to figure out how to do photos.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts