Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

My buddy has a 95 6R that has not ran correctly since the day he purchased it. He asked me to clean and sync the carbs for him. I tore into it, and I see that it has a Factory Pro jet kit. The mains say 180 on the outside, and 195 for the two inners! Arent these freeeking huge? isnt stock like 140 or 150'ish?? Any one out there have a factory jet kit? What size mains are you running?

·
Registered
683 Posts
It sure sounds huge. Is it fouling plugs? Blowing a lot of black/rich exhaust? I'm not sure but it sounds too big.
T

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I just called factorypro. He said the 180/195 combo is what they reccomend, and told me he couldnt remember off hand, but stock is waay bigger than the 145 numbers I have found all over the internet. :lost:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wrong - I found an OEM parts blowup for the carbs... stock IS 145/150.... I called factorypro back, and got a different guy. He said the 95-97 ZX6R kit is THE most complicated one they sell. It requires drilling of stock parts with the drill bits they supply in the kit, comes with two sets of needles, and takes a lot of tweaking. super. I asked for installation instructions, but appearently they have to scan each page in for me to email them???????????????? how the hell can they not have a copy on the computer somewhere?????? he said he didnt know when they would get around to scanning them for me. Nice.

·
Registered
54 Posts
hey send this scanned stuff to me plaese im going to get a set of cards somewhere for my 96 and would like to see how hard this is going to be

1 - 5 of 5 Posts