Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike is spitting out coolant and the coolant is bubbling in the overflow something fierce. The strange thing about it is the bike isn't overheating but is running warmer than usual for it only to be 86 degrees out. It happens when the temp is like one block from the top. The coolant is not spitting out of the hose that points straight at the ground. Its from another hose that is in the same area but is pointed to the rear of the bike. Maybe this is the overflow hose from the top of the radiator? Its late so I havent had a chance to pull fairings off and trace it out.

The only thing I did this weekend was put new spark plugs in and the motor seems to run alot better other than this. I did pull the radiator cap off while I had the fairings off to check the level and I replaced it. Could me unscrewing the cap possibly mess something up?

·
Premium Member
13,224 Posts
If you're sure there's no air trapped in the cooling system, you should have it pressure tested to make sure there's no internal leakage.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Did you accidentally disconnect the hose that goes from the radiator to the coolant overflow bottle ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read the service manual procedure on bleeding the air. I'm going to check that out and get back with you guys. I see there is two steps to taking the cap off, when I put it back on, I just lined up the notches and pressed it on and turned. Is that the correct way?

Thanks for the replies. I doubt there is an internal leak. The oil looks good and she runs like a champ with the new plugs.

·
Administrator
58,666 Posts
iron8 may be right.
If coolant isn't coming out the overflow bottle, the hose may have come off while you were changing the plugs.
There's actually 2 hoses. One from the thermostat cover to the radiator and the other to the coolant bottle.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I aint's ever takings my bike apart. Seems like once something gets touched on these they turn to crap.

I shoulda bought a B-KING!

Yep that ought to get Monday morning rolling........................

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found no disconnected hoses. The coolant was coming out of the overflow tanks hose. I refilled with coolant and followed the service manual instructions on bleeding the system and it seems to be working ok. I'm thinking I maybe had the cap cock eyed or something. There was also a lot of air in the system.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts