Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got Into a wreck thursday evening I was going through a parking lot and swerved to miss a car backing out and hit a patch of oil. Was wearing jacket and helmet and boots they did their job still got some good road rash a dislocated Shoulder and a bruised lung. Was I was Icu over night. Need some good places to buy full fairing kits. Im just looking right now since I'm down for 8 weeks.

·
Administrator
58,646 Posts
You're lucky you weren't on a highway going really fast.
Ending up in the ICU from a parking lot accident? Almost makes me want to gear up walking across the street.
Glad you're OK. Bikes can be fixed.

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
You're lucky you weren't on a highway going really fast.
Ending up in the ICU from a parking lot accident? Almost makes me want to gear up walking across the street.
Glad you're OK. Bikes can be fixed.
This

·
Premium Member
13,205 Posts
Sorry about the crackup and injuries. If it's totalled, how can you repair it? Usually takes more than cosmetic damage to total a newer machine.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident . Hope you heal ok . Post pics of the rebuild if you get a chance.

·
16,062 Posts
That's an awful lot of damage to both you and the bike, from laying down at 5-10 mph.
I'm surprised you didn't simply stop, instead of swerving.
At least you didn't take out someone loading their trunk or damage another vehicle.
Hope you heal up soon.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Sounds painful! :scared And expensive.......:angry

No collision insurance? Damn. :rant

Glad it was not more serious, dislocated shoulder can be pretty painful. Post up photos of how the bike ended up once you can.

Just concentrate on getting better.

OP

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was being a little stupid ans running about 25 and me and the bike both slid into a pallet. Was in Icu for the bruised lung and the bike all the plastics and tank are messed up and tore me rear sets and passenger pegs off. If I can figure it out I'll post pictures

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Ok, well at least you know what the cause was. Admitting it is the part that a lot of people never get, and therefore never learn from their own mistakes. :clap

When you get to it, you can post photos by linking to an account like photo bucket, or smug mug. I think you can even link to a photo on your facebook account. You cannot post photos right here on the forum, only link to them hosted elsewhere.

Bruised lung hurts like a BASTARD. I had a bruised lung and heart from a fall (friends dog knocked me down icy stairs, landed on a raised door sill) and I was in the hospital until my lung stopped making the wrinkle wrapping paper sound when you breath. That sucked. :scared

I have seen complete plastic kits for all sorts of bikes for reasonable prices online. Trick is to get a set that is complete and cast correctly, with good quality. Wife's CBR600RR was knocked over and we are ordering complete plastic for it from someplace in California. I think it is only around $550 or so, not so bad.

Get better.

OP

·
Premium Member
13,205 Posts
I have a pair of stock clip-ons you can have for cheap if you need them. Couldn't tell for sure if the bars were knackered.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Hey bro, sorry about your accident. Glad you're okay. I totaled my 14 in February and had it rebuilt in a couple weeks from ebay parts. no frame damage, but tore up all the plastic and a few brackets and motor mounts. My baby is nine different colors right now but she's rolling and I can't out her in the paint shop at this time of the year down south!!

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Google cores salvage bikes. He has complete fairing kits for great prices.
They are all new bits taken from donor bikes for terexs.
Hop you re feeling better.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
Jesus, 5-10 mph? Looks like 30.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
man sorry to hear about you and the bike. glad you are up and running. bike can def. be fixed or replaced

1 - 20 of 26 Posts