Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While coaching football last Thursday night my bike was hit from behind out in the parking lot. The insurance company got back to me today and said it was a total loss because the frame has scratches on it. I did NOT have my bags on the bike either. My local dealer only got four and I had the first one and the rest have already been sold. :banghead
So, If anybody wants a pair of bags for a good price give me a PM or email at [email protected] I'm going to see what they sellf for new and I will sell them for half price to anybody here on the forum. They are in mint shape with NO scuff marks.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm SO sorry for your loss. Maybe your Kawi dealer can locate one for you elsewhere. Seattle area has a few.

The bags list for $655.65 each (new).

·
Registered
184 Posts
Oh my gosh Recon! Talk about a heart breaker! We feel for you brother. Best of luck on the replacement.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Depending on the outcome from Kawasaki in replacing my left bag I may need to buy your left one. Hopefully you'll separate the sale of your bags.
Give it a thought and let me know. thanks

While coaching football last Thursday night my bike was hit from behind out in the parking lot. The insurance company got back to me today and said it was a total loss because the frame has scratches on it. I did NOT have my bags on the bike either. My local dealer only got four and I had the first one and the rest have already been sold. :banghead
So, If anybody wants a pair of bags for a good price give me a PM or email at [email protected] I'm going to see what they sellf for new and I will sell them for half price to anybody here on the forum. They are in mint shape with NO scuff marks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys! My bags are in perfect condition! I'm trying to sell them as a set for $500 plus shipping cost. It's a good deal but I'm not trying to really mess with selling them on ebay. If anybody wants these things let me know.
Kenneth Davis
1514 S. Sedgwick St.
Wichita,KS, 67213
316-390-7169
[email protected]
316-942-5976 Fax #

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ugh... I can feel that all the way from Pennsylvania ..

Best of luck with the new one... (maybe she'll be prettier ;) )

Jerry

·
Registered
59 Posts
How did you manage not to get one side of your bag damaged if it was hit from the rear and totaled by your insurance company? One would assume the bike went down from being hit from the rear and sustaining enough damage to be considered "totaled". Especially if the frame got scratched. The only visible point of the frame would be from the sides. Just curious. Post up pics to quell the curiosity.:afro

·
Registered
17 Posts
How did you manage not to get one side of your bag damaged if it was hit from the rear and totaled by your insurance company? One would assume the bike went down from being hit from the rear and sustaining enough damage to be considered "totaled". Especially if the frame got scratched. The only visible point of the frame would be from the sides. Just curious. Post up pics to quell the curiosity.:afro
Better read the first post again. He didn't have the bags on the bike when it was hit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sometimes all the careful parking in the world just ain't good enough. Sorry about that. The "new bike down" happened to me once. The person who knocked my bike down was honest enough to come into the building where I was doing business and tell me although my first words were, OH NO! Yeah, one new 900 Ninja on the ground in a pool of gas. Minor damage. Composed myself enough to thank her for her honestly. Deep South Cycle in Thomasville, Ga. has two new GTR's on hand. Maybe Rusty (the owner) will ship. His shop number is 229-228-7999.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Are you looking for a new bike? House of Kawasaki in Oklahoma City had an ABS a week ago.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts