Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got the bike and it looked like this last winter

yes that's mud i bought it off a friend that it got "stolen" from and went on a high speed chase that ended in a mud hole with the guy getting away so i picked it up from the impound after it being on the news upside down hanging from its wheels going on to the flat bed. So needless to say it was hydro locked by the oil.

pressure washed it the night i got it back

I got that all cleaned out and get it back together
changed the plugs, new tires, brakes, euro signals
new clutch cover
throttle cables were half broken
fuel pump was weak
broken fairing stay
broken right peg assembly
broken tank mount
broken tail light
electrical MESS

fixed all that and got it ready for paint
painted on a dirt floor with my friends and my truck headlights shinning in

got it all looking good minus the tail missing some tabs causing the under tank trim to flop around, the exhaust heat deflector was missing and the dash panels were zip tied on but it looked pretty good

then it got keyed and kick over i guess some people are just angry!!!!
so Ive got a new regulator

Which bring us through this winter and the current

so far Ive amassed a pile of parts
new harness
DOT smoked tail light
mint dash panels which so so hard to find
chrome windscreen
new levers
new tail fairing
APE tensioner

torn down to every piece now got all the parts clean
engines clean
frame, swingarm, and subframe all ready for paint as well as the plastics have more pics getting ready setting up the paint booth in my buddys garage will update very very soon

·
Registered
519 Posts
good to see someone else with a full muzzy hah

can't wait to see it all done.

·
Registered
46 Posts
buddy of mine has a muzzy on his 636, sounds damn good but i dont know if i really like the looks of it

·
Registered
519 Posts
I didn't either, custom painted the tip to match the bike. Looks better.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that little oval hole grows on ya hahahaha. Not a big fan either left it outside one night and it rained a little bit and went right down the pipe noticed once i started it up. But ya just order the STOIC FLAT BLACK that took forever to find at a reasonable price. Should have fairings painted again this week

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
Jeez, that poor bike has gone through some serious abuse. Good to hear its being taken care of now. Good job.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ahhh my poor baby has :-( i hate people that take dont take care of their bikes but shes in better hands now. I didnt even mention half the struggle of getting the title or the key back from the police.. i bought in october and didnt get the title or key until july i was so pissed

·
Panda Man
4,462 Posts
Nice job cleaning her up. Looking forward to the end result after your plans with her.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice cleanup, and a bump to the muzzy!! I love it. I went with the black tip and throw on a smoked tail and it looks super clean

·
Registered
122 Posts
hope the assembly goes smoothly, looking forward to seeing the finished pics!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have a smoked tail light ready for it i was think of painting the tip black but i do like the chrom look. my paint booth is set up in my garage just waiting for a nice few day stretch so i can paint. And yes 636warrior i hope it goes together easy as well. The engine is the only really hard part

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well i got it all finished up here almost waiting on new seat covers mirrors and random well nuts bolts but hers some updated pics

swingarm and frame painted

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
painted these to match the frame
, the color is stoic flat black

fairings primed and sealed

some color

parts pile hahaha

i started getting her back together

my engine was leaking a little bit out of the valve cover gasket so i replaced that while it was out

engine FINALLY back in

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
got all the controls back on along with the upper clamp all cables back on

this pic is after wet sanding and hand rubbing in the compound still needed waxed at the time but it looked good enough for a pic

this is her almost finished beside the little stuff thats on the way

·
Registered
224 Posts
WOW she looks great good job

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good job man you must be pleased to say the least! Roughly how much did you need to put into this project? Obviously doing all that paint work yourself saved an absolute bomb lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i was looking into a friend pin striping the decals on with kawi green? i dont know though yet but i will be pleased when its finally all over im wrapping the seats tomorrow. i have about 3400 into her to date i got it for 2500 with a title 2 years ago but thanks evryone its been a long process

1 - 20 of 20 Posts