Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got tired of searching and decided to play with some tubes. Didn't have enough for dual so made mine single lol took some small 90's and welded them togeather. Put a screen in just like hotbodies exhaust and then some sheet metal. Here's a few pics and I'll post the installed one later. Used plexi as a template. sounds exactly like my buddies 636 with his hotbodies on

Welded tubes

Template in

Finished sheet metal drying

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll put a video up soon! But my friends 636 with the actual hotbodies exhaust. We think it sounds exactly the same

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
No offense, but that looks just as halfassed as it actually is, and if it sounds just like the hotbodies setup, remind me never to buy a hotbodies setup.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Great idea.. But do u still have a muffler? I would use your under tail as a templets and redo it.. Also I would suggest getting a under tail that's plastic and then cut your hole out.. I would also put a lot of heat shield .. Just my .02

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
heat sheild FTW

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I'm really never one to put anyone down, but I'm sorry, that looks like dog shit.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most of it looks half assed because it is. Lol use a peice of plexi for the template I can only do so much. And the sheet metal also. I don't have access to machine shop tools so anyone can do this with basic tools and a welder. If I could have access to a mill then it would look perfect because a machine is cutting not my hands with a pair of snips lol so none taken and I spent $12 lol. Ps. I'm not building a show bike so all I needed was an undertail to hide everything so I just need it to look ok from 50 feet away haha

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Most of it looks half assed because it is. Lol use a peice of plexi for the template I can only do so much. And the sheet metal also. I don't have access to machine shop tools so anyone can do this with basic tools and a welder. If I could have access to a mill then it would look perfect because a machine is cutting not my hands with a pair of snips lol so none taken and I spent $12 lol. Ps. I'm not building a show bike so all I needed was an undertail to hide everything so I just need it to look ok from 50 feet away haha
Haha good point..to each his own man. I'm sure when your rolling passed someone they prob won't even notice it anyway.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Last bit. Maybe For the future I'll rent a mill or CNC machine but that will cost more than what im trying to save money and time in.

·
Panda Man
4,462 Posts
Last bit. Maybe For the future I'll rent a mill or CNC machine but that will cost more than what im trying to save money and time in.

IMG

IMG
The towel is a promising feature! :lol

In all seriousness, it's pretty good for a fabbed job, especially for $12. It'll definitely get the job done for the "50 ft test."

1 - 13 of 13 Posts