Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still have the lower fairings off, but other than that almost done. Current mods include 6" Swingarm Extensions, K&N Air Filter, Chrome Windscreen, Lowering Links and White Paint. Comming soon will be full exhaust, USB PCIII, and ghosted red flames.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i agree, some sicky red flames will make it look a lot better, and taking off the mirrors will help ALOT as well.. even though u shouldnt..

·
Registered
25 Posts
why do you stretch your bikes over there in america????

just curious to learn the benefit

·
Registered
526 Posts
^^^ well for one, It helps keep the front end down when were gunning it on the road and especially on the strip. It helps shave off a few seconds on the clock because it adds the confidence that your bike wont flip so you can open it up without fear. And secondly, some people just like the look of it, or a combination of the both.

IMHO, although I'm in America, I myself don't extend the swing-arm, mainly because I live in lower texas where theres twisties like kah-ray-zee. I for one really dig the feeling of going side to side around the corners, pushing the bike to do what it was designed to do, instead of sevearly impairing the handling of the bike for straights. I like both and I want it to stay both instead of excelling in one by sacrificing the other. But thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
115 Posts
what did you do with the other fairings? I'm looking for maybe a set of fairings or something if they r trashed only cause when I am done with them they will be trash anyway...

·
Registered
366 Posts
I like the white, it looks very clean.

And as for the swing arm, you have a 600... Why? Just put the extra money into a 10 instead of the exhaust/ swing arm and you'll go faster in a straight easily. A 10 can run a quarter mile in the low 9s bone stock. What's the 6 gonne do even with the mods?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I like the white, it looks very clean.

And as for the swing arm, you have a 600... Why? Just put the extra money into a 10 instead of the exhaust/ swing arm and you'll go faster in a straight easily. A 10 can run a quarter mile in the low 9s bone stock. What's the 6 gonne do even with the mods?
You don't get down to the track too much do you? I have seen the 07 zx6r out run zx10 on the track. Yeah they r modded up and if you figure everything you have into the 6 you could have just got the 10. But the 10 for me 2008 looks kinda shitty and the zx6r looks really cool. Besides some guys don't have the extra cash to pay up front for a stock zx10 but can get the 6 and add as the go. If you think that the 10 is running lower 9's stock then your wrong. Upper 9's or lower 10's more likely maybe but here is a link. with both slips on 6r and a 10 together and see how close they run the 1/4
http://www.dragtimes.com/Kawasaki--ZX-Drag-Racing.html
Beside getting the 6r streching her legs an you can rev the shit out of her on launch and keep the front end down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts