Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

A really narcissistic mate of a mate just bought a 16 plate MT10. Apparently he was scoffing at my ZX14 behind my back, saying it looked slow and like a couch, just shows he knows nothing about motorcycles lol, but it did get me curious...

Have any of you guys got, or ridden one or with someone with an MT10? On paper the 14 smokes everything up to a space shuttle so I don't know whether it's his jealousy talking or what.

I was going to go and demonstrate it's power at the weekend to show him, then I thought, the road is not a race track and he's not worth losing my licence for or risking my life for.

If an R1 has no chance, how on earth does a naked de-tuned version stand a chance lol.

Personally I think those bikes are ugly, they look like some kinda childs transformer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:D

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
4,719 Posts
Hey guys.

A really narcissistic mate of a mate just bought a 16 plate MT10. Apparently he was scoffing at my ZX14 behind my back, saying it looked slow and like a couch, just shows he knows nothing about motorcycles lol, but it did get me curious...
Unfortunately, your mate hasn't been on one. I haven't been on one either. But, I know better than that. The closest thing to a 14/14r than I rode was a C model Zx11. And that's a farcry from a 14/14r.

You're a better person than me. I would've taken him to the main hwy and gave him a headstart to prove his point.

Reactions: TheUX31EGuy

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a ZX-11 long time ago, gorgeous it was, a heavy girl but man that was a fast bike in a straight line.

I've never had a Kwak and felt myself wanting more power.

Reactions: Blainethemono

·
Premium Member
'12 Ninja 1000 (w/ late model KQR panniers), 03 KTM 525 EXC
219 Posts
Scotty : "I'm giving her all she's got, Captain!"
Kirk : "All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?"

Reactions: 185EZ

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
😁

If I see the wannabe slayer on the road soon on his detuned 1000cc I may be able to confirm the result soon enough.

Just installing new set of headers on the mighty 14. Luckily 07 headers didn't have a cat in, so that's straight though to some black Widow cans.

Once this is tested it's off for a remap, then nothing, nothing can stop me.

Aaaphagaggagagaga.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:) I think I'll have to. Mind you my clutch is slipping at the moment, but that still didn't stop me pulling away at warp speed on my bros geared down Triumph Speed Triple, he said I was gone top end lol and I only wound her up to 145.

Soon as clutch is in she's off for woolich remap, only reason is because I can. In reality tho she's more than fast enough lol.

Reactions: 92Ninjas
1 - 11 of 11 Posts