Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should the MSF course be mandatory for all motorcycle riders? What do you think - yea or nea? Pro's and con's? And please tell us why?

·
Registered
649 Posts
I don't know about mandatory, it's not mandatory for people to take car driving classes to get their license. There is already a very good insurance discount if you do take the MSF and compared to the DMV testing you are guaranteed to learn a ton!!!!!!!! I guess I don't like anything to be mandatory or forced upon me. It's kinda like the helmet law, I wouldn't be caught dead without a helmet and gear but I don't feel I need a law to tell me that.

·
Registered
236 Posts
YES it should be mandatory for under age riders. in florida working at a MC dealership all saleman care about is your credit score if they can sell you a 1000 as your first bike they will .some care some dont ,its a about the money....i hear alot of riders going down within there first week of riding...learning the basic goes a long way....plus if you take the course it only help your insurance prices

·
Registered
26 Posts
don't know if it should be mandatory, but I would definitely recommend it for anyone, even if they are a seasoned biker....

·
Registered
379 Posts
YES it should be mandatory for under age riders. in florida working at a MC dealership all saleman care about is your credit score if they can sell you a 1000 as your first bike they will .some care some dont ,its a about the money....i hear alot of riders going down within there first week of riding...learning the basic goes a long way....plus if you take the course it only help your insurance prices
I have seen many guys in SA going to get their first bike and they walk or ride out with a gorgeous 1000cc bike and turn up dead a week or two later due to the reason you have given.

I think it should be mandatory here in SA but it is to expensive here so they would have to do something about the prices.:banghead

1 - 5 of 5 Posts