Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have or contemplate a Mr. Turbo kit on a ZX 11? Seems like a small amount of boost turns these things into monsters. wondering if another Zx with a turbo might be a future project? Thoughts?

·
Registered
683 Posts
I would love to put a turbo on my ninja. I'm currently building a 1975 Z1 that will be a 1327 cc with a turbo. I want to see how it turns out before I decide on the ninja. Plus, do I really need 2 turbo bikes?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, One never really knows which bike one may want to ride! At least with two turbo bikes, You'd go fast either way! E.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had a NOS kit for a while, contemplating a turbo, but decided I liked my hide intact. 500+hp would have left me a road stain.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I would love to put a turbo on my ninja. I'm currently building a 1975 Z1 that will be a 1327 cc with a turbo. I want to see how it turns out before I decide on the ninja. Plus, do I really need 2 turbo bikes?
Hey Tom, in your avitar, are you at a drag track? if so what did you get out of your machine?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just do a big-bore kit, stroker crank, blueprint the internals, a few beefed up components like crank, rods, valves & springs maybe, polish the ports, slightly hotter cams, maybe new carbs or go EFI if ya wanna f#ck with it. 1360cc maybe? 1275cc? Should be plenty of horsies with absolutely zero turbo-lag!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hey Tom, in your avitar, are you at a drag track? if so what did you get out of your machine?
I'm at Great Lakes Dragway in Union Grove Wisconsin (on the Illinois/Wisconsin border). I ran 11.13 @ 130 mph, 60 ft time of 1.99. My friends were laughing at me. They say that the 130 mph shows that I have the HP to go well into the 10's. However, the 60 ft. time of 1.99 shows that I totally suck on the starting line. I'm still learning how to get the ninja off the line well. I've done big burnouts off the line and big wheelies of the line. This summer I'm planning on lowering it for the strip and strapping down the front end. With those minor mods and some practice I'm planning on breaking into the 10's with hopes of 10.60's.

Tom

·
Registered
449 Posts
I'm at Great Lakes Dragway in Union Grove Wisconsin (on the Illinois/Wisconsin border). I ran 11.13 @ 130 mph, 60 ft time of 1.99. My friends were laughing at me. They say that the 130 mph shows that I have the HP to go well into the 10's. However, the 60 ft. time of 1.99 shows that I totally suck on the starting line. I'm still learning how to get the ninja off the line well. I've done big burnouts off the line and big wheelies of the line. This summer I'm planning on lowering it for the strip and strapping down the front end. With those minor mods and some practice I'm planning on breaking into the 10's with hopes of 10.60's.

Tom
Could you let me know when that happens again, I would like to run my Kawi's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts