Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the fastest you've gotten your ten to?

Being that I'm a relatively big guy, I had to keep myself in check, but Wednseday morning, getting on my favorite onramp, after leaving school, I got to around a buck ten. Let off, cause I didn't trust myself after that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
ive gotten mine up to about 145 where i have actually looked down at the speedometer.......its easier to go fast when i look down and see how fast im going reality starts to set in and i let off

·
Registered
368 Posts
ive gotten mine up to about 145 where i have actually looked down at the speedometer.......its easier to go fast when i look down and see how fast im going reality starts to set in and i let off
Has anyone put on an aftermarket digital speedo to find the accurate speed? I know from my own bikes that most speedos are off (intentionally by design) by 10%.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a friend with a red ZX10R, he GPS'd it, and let off at what he thought was 150, and he ended up in the 140s somewhere.

I think the speedos are accurate up to a certain speed.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm still doing the break in thing,shifting at 7k.
My last ride I pegged 6th and got 149mph then had to let off.
The next time I get out I'm taking the GPS and tracking speedo error.
Right now it's the freaking dead of winter and way to cold to ride.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I've had mine up to 294kmh..(182.68mph) ...but not for long.

Let me tell you... the white lines on the road become solid... and fast.

...and that's not a speed you want to keep up. But you did say the "fastest you've gone on your 10" right?

·
Registered
51 Posts
This might not apply too much, but my friend had his CBR 929RR to 180mph and I've gotten my ZX 7R to 165mph.

However, these are both as the bikes read, and I am sure are off by ~10mph.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think the speedos are accurate up to a certain speed.
At what speed would that be? I go by a radar box with display and when my display shows 50 mph, it shows 46....:headscratch

·
Registered
37 Posts
I saw a post where a guy took it to 185 and let off. He checked his gps and it said 178. Then he went to as fast as he could for as long as he could on the road. He found that the speedo stops at 189. But, the gps showed a top speed of 188.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've had many conversations about this speedo and percent difference concept. Some people I've met, have had theirs actually read higher (GSXR750), read lower (ZX10R, Hayabusa), and some be pretty damn close (ZX14), but I've never had one be dead on. I think it's one of those things that's not going to be different with everyone's bike.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i had my bike up to 297km/u ,and whit my 197cm height thight behind de screen nose on the speedmeter it was fast enough ,i seen on some movies that the speedmeter here in europe only go's up to 299 and no morebut ,the zx10 r is faster if your not to haevy and whit good conditions.hope to get there one day ,its magic to get past the 300+. but need some cohonnes to get there .
p.s.: i speak dutch so a apolagize for the language.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had my 10r reading 184mph along side with a mate on his k5 thou which he said he saw 184/185mph on his speedo(private road of course!):scared

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm still doing the break in thing,shifting at 7k.
Me too...I can reach a whopping 93 mph!

This last 300 miles is going to kill me... :banghead

·
Registered
291 Posts
I understand that the 05 through 07 zx10r speedometer is supposed almost dead on accuracy. 600cc bike are the ones with 8 to 10% error.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I go by a radar box with display and when my display shows 50 mph, it shows 46....:headscratch
I understand that the 05 through 07 zx10r speedometer is supposed almost dead on accuracy. 600cc bike are the ones with 8 to 10% error.

Pipedown, I don't think it's true.

·
Registered
291 Posts
well today was a gorgeous day in socal and on the 210 out by Fontana I got to 135MPH and that shyt was wicked fast!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Well i will let u guys know after the break in on the ZX 10r, but i got my 02 GSXR 750 upto 162. It was fast enough.:runaway

1 - 20 of 52 Posts