Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I went from a 2004 10-r to the 14. I love the 14 its more compfortable and surprisingly agile for a big bike. As far as speed goes my 10 was faster.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went from a 2004 10-r to the 14. I love the 14 its more compfortable and surprisingly agile for a big bike. As far as speed goes my 10 was faster.
Maybe your 10 wheelied 'faster', but was the bike really faster? I'd be more convinced of that if you put up some #s with 'apples to apples' comparos from a drag strip . . .

·
Registered
138 Posts
No Way.

Don't bother yourself with the #'s. I'll give you real world. The gsx-r 1000 was the fastest 1/4 mile production bike for quite some time. Having said that I watched a friend of mine run mid 10's on a cbr-954rr. On his best pass he ran almost a half second faster @ 3000 ft than all tha books said the bike would go @ sea level. Getting back to the 10 and 14, last year at the track my 14 ran 10.25 @ 140 mph. That nite there was 3 zx 10's there they all ran between 10.9 and 11.3. There were 2 Busas there and they ran a best time of 10.9.There was also 2 gsxr-1000's there that turned out a best of 10.7. Keep in mind that none of these people are pros including myself, in fact some of them were probably better drag racers than myself. The one thing I can tell you for sure is that I was on average 80 lbs heaver than all the other riders and not one of them could touch me on th 14. I'm 280 in full gear, the guy on the gsx-r 1000 that ran 10.7 wasn't a pound over 160 so you're going to have a tough time convincing me that the 10 is faster.:rant

·
Registered
683 Posts
Don't bother yourself with the #'s. I'll give you real world. The gsx-r 1000 was the fastest 1/4 mile production bike for quite some time. Having said that I watched a friend of mine run mid 10's on a cbr-954rr. On his best pass he ran almost a half second faster @ 3000 ft than all tha books said the bike would go @ sea level. Getting back to the 10 and 14, last year at the track my 14 ran 10.25 @ 140 mph. That nite there was 3 zx 10's there they all ran between 10.9 and 11.3. There were 2 Busas there and they ran a best time of 10.9.There was also 2 gsxr-1000's there that turned out a best of 10.7. Keep in mind that none of these people are pros including myself, in fact some of them were probably better drag racers than myself. The one thing I can tell you for sure is that I was on average 80 lbs heaver than all the other riders and not one of them could touch me on th 14. I'm 280 in full gear, the guy on the gsx-r 1000 that ran 10.7 wasn't a pound over 160 so you're going to have a tough time convincing me that the 10 is faster.:rant
I don't know where you're racing at, but these aren't the kinds of numbers I'm seeing at my drag strip. If you have a ZX10 and you're running between 10.9 and 11.3, you're doing a horrible job. I ran 11.13 on my old ZX11 and that IMO was slow. I've seen ZX10's running low 10's consistently. Same with the busas. And the busas are pretty forgiving at the strip. Even inexperienced riders on stock busas are breaking off 10.50's without too much trouble. I agree with you though, I don't believe that the zx10's are any quicker/faster than the 14's on the strip.
T

·
Registered
57 Posts
true... but pretty sure that if you throw in some good twisties... the 10 WILL be faster with equal riders.. sure,the 14 may be surprisingly agile...but with a good rider, there's no way the 14 could compare to a 10 in the corners...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts