Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not a vendor on this board, but none the less worth while in sharing my experience. Very different experience than I've had with ANY of the vendors we have on our site here!!!

VERY bad experience with MotoSport.com and their customer service (or lack of). And this went to their management level, so it might appear more of a company philosophy instead of just the particular person(s) I dealt with.

Long story short (sort of), I purchased a rear hugger/fender for my ZX6R race bike. The hugger was approximately 6 weeks old and on its first day of use (~20 miles of use) it broke at one of the mounts. My expectation is that MotoSport would stand behind the products they sell and work with their customer to resolve the issue.

Bottom line was, since I was ~7-10 days outside of the 30day warranty window, they would only refer me to Hot Bodies as the manufacturer and told me to deal directly with them as they were not willing to do anything. This came straight from management. Ironically, their phone person (non-mgmt) originally told me that they would take it back, send it in to Hot Bodies and get me a replacement. This was after they requested I send them pictures of the hugger. In fact, I ended up sending the pictures twice because their customer service ended up being unresponsive initially and I had to resend them to another rep.

Part of my gripe is that in this economy, the leading vendors out there typically stand behind their products and offer great customer service, that’s how they get folks coming back. MotoSport SUCKED in their customer service. This whole ordeal, for them to finally tell me that they weren’t going to take care of it for me, took almost 4 weeks!!! That is ridiculous. I would send them an e-mail, and would hear nothing (this is after talking to them on the phone), I would send another e-mail, and they would finally respond. It was 5-7 days between me sending them an e-mail and them finally responding (but after I had to remind them of my original e-mail).

MotoSport.com = TOTAL FAIL!!!!

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
I dunno, I don't really see a problem with this... They have a warranty period for their product and you were past that period. The product broke, they have no way of knowing if you damaged it yourself of if it was faulty. Either way, you were outside of the warranty period :dunno

I'm not sure what you expect to have happen. Perhaps they could have been more responsive to your issue but maybe they were busy helping people whose products were still under warranty :lol

Sorry you had a bad experience though.

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
I dunno, I don't really see a problem with this... They have a warranty period for their product and you were past that period. The product broke, they have no way of knowing if you damaged it yourself of if it was faulty. Either way, you were outside of the warranty period :dunno

I'm not sure what you expect to have happen. Perhaps they could have been more responsive to your issue but maybe they were busy helping people whose products were still under warranty :lol

Sorry you had a bad experience though.
+1
And just +1 to all that really.Theres no magic to it,you were simply outside the warranty period,end of story.
All you can do now is go after Hotbodies for it and see what warranty they offer.As far as Motosports warranty,its gone.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure where you guys shop, but the places I normally shop at take care of their customers. If you go to anyone of the vendors I show below as sponsors, any one of them would have CERTAINLY taken care of you in this situation. They have just as much means (if not more) to be able to accept the return and send it back to them directly.

I should clarify the warranty period, that would help. It is 30 days for a refund... but I was still within the period that the unit could be exchanged for a replacement. So in essence I was still within that portion of the warranty.

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
I'm not sure where you guys shop, but the places I normally shop at take care of their customers. If you go to anyone of the vendors I show below as sponsors, any one of them would have CERTAINLY taken care of you in this situation. They have just as much means (if not more) to be able to accept the return and send it back to them directly.

I should clarify the warranty period, that would help. It is 30 days for a refund... but I was still within the period that the unit could be exchanged for a replacement. So in essence I was still within that portion of the warranty.
I have shopped many places, reputable places and non-reputable places alike. However, when something is out of warranty I don't expect the vendor to do much about a broken product :dunno

Anyway the bold part obviously changes everything, or at least should. That is a crucial part of the story I think. But if that is their "policy" why would they tell you they aren't going to exchange it. I have never shopped anywhere that has a clear exchange policy and then blatantly ignores it like that. Something doesn't add up.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Got resolution - full read can be found <here>.
WOW!!!!!

What a Cluster Fuque!!!

When I received my Corbin backrest, they initially sent it to the wrong address, and then didnt include mounting hardware. I emailed to complain. They responded with 2 emails in 2 days, apologizing for the mixup, and then sent me mounting hardware for free. To bad I already spent $20 for one on eBay....

At lleast they nailed the backrest part. Its awesome...

·
Registered
66 Posts
The problem herein lies with Hotbodies Racing. That company is so fucking full of fail its ridiculous.

They're the equivelant of the dumbfuck Toyota Corolla driving fat bastard sitting in the left lane going 15mph below the speed limit backing up 8 miles of fucking traffic, and refusing to move over for faster flowing traffic.

I too am in a huge dispute with Hotbodies. The only difference is that I'm working with Superbiketoystore.com on the issue, and they've been going to bat for me since minute one.

Hotbodies fucking sucks. Period dot. See my post in the ZX10R section.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Up north of you... LA. You hit the track much down there? I'll be down there Monday to make some practice laps prior the weekend's races.
cool, nah I never got the chance I'd only go if I knew someone, and crashed my bike when I was looking into getting a suit, I haven't been there in at least a year, since I can't ride, it feels like a kick in the balls just standing around and everyone talking about their bikes :angry, but if you're going to smri I may swing by and say hi, just let me know what time :smile

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll be down there on Monday from about noon till 4 or 5. The following Saturday evening I'll be bringing the motorhome down and camping at the track Saturday night and have races on Sunday (6/24).

If you get a chance stop by. My race trailer will have my "3D Racing" Logo on it (same as my Avatar)... and my bike is an '09 ZX6R (Black)... #715.

·
Registered
478 Posts
30 day warranty? WTF? I only buy stuff that has at least a 1 year warranty. And from what i have read about hotbodies is they sell shitty plastic garbage! Warranty period doesn't mean shit if it can be proved to be defective and it's a safety issue. And other parts that are safety related like brakes, tires, wheel bearings ect. If it is found to actually be defective. Both parties (i.e. retailer of the product and the manufacturer) can be sued equally to some extent. I just got into a dispute about a tire from another manufacturer and the seller bikebandit.com ate the whole bill and gave me full in store credit for the defective tire. Because the manufacturer would not respond even after several e-mail and lots of detailed pics. Some reputable places like this go above and beyond and in 2 minutes of wait time on the phone the supervisor got it done.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
I'll be down there on Monday from about noon till 4 or 5. The following Saturday evening I'll be bringing the motorhome down and camping at the track Saturday night and have races on Sunday (6/24).

If you get a chance stop by. My race trailer will have my "3D Racing" Logo on it (same as my Avatar)... and my bike is an '09 ZX6R (Black)... #715.
Cool man, I should be able to make it to the race on sunday :smile

1 - 15 of 15 Posts