Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

I have a question regarding my motorcycle. I have a 2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R, which has been taken well care of with a minimal 19000km's on the odometer. I recently had slip and fall, so the bike has been sitting undercover for 2 months without a start. I did not trickle charge the battery during this whole 2 month period, but recently bought a charger which charges the battery at 2A. I am pretty sure the battery is dead, but has juuuuuuuust enough power to turn the starter motor over to sometimes start the bike up.

That is a bit of background to the issue. I realize that the battery is needing replacement, but what I have an issue with is that I got to start the bike up for 3-4 minutes, before it turned off and it seemed to be bellowing a fair amount of white smoke and spluttering during this time. I put a 30ml amount of fuel stabilizer in the tank, gave it a good swish around; but it seems that either condensation or a mixture of oil/condensation was leaking out the bottom of the exhaust. Is this normal and if so, should I just replace the battery and keep at it until the engine gets to operating temperature, release the choke and happy sailing or should I worry about this ceasing up the engine in the long term?

Kind regards.

Ryan

· Banned
3,604 Posts
Id be looking to see what needs done to fix it. Sounds like your valve seals are leaking and the condensation is giving a funky thing..

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well there has never been a problem with this before. I am thinking that perhaps it is just a build up of condensation from the cold nights/warmer days and then this being released by exhaust pressure. Is the exhaust not designed to release water build up at the base of it?

· Premium Member
5,908 Posts
I would start by checking the coolant level. If it's not low on coolant, then I would say change the oil, put some fresh gas in it and run it long enough to get good and warmed up and see if the smoke goes away. Certainly worth a try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.