Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
You sure you don't mean you've seen a few people that did the "ZZR1200" swap?
ZX12 is not the same motor as ZZR1200.

·
Registered
561 Posts
thats true....the easiest popular swap is the zrx12....then installing the muzzy 1224 kit

i would like a zx12/zx14 motor swap.....though

·
Registered
561 Posts
although i really like the zx11 with the 1140 kit(+3 stroke,+1mm bore) that Doug Meyer likes the best for the hot setup zx11

combined with other mods like the 55lbs reduction.....makes a fast zx

·
Registered
561 Posts
by crashtech here on the forums
"My mods..........
Full muzzys exhaust-24 pounds
stick coil mod-4 pounds
all dampers removed from bike-4 pounds
ZX7R wheels-15 pounds
works performance rear shock-4 pounds
Race-tech front
dynojet stage 1 kit
gsxr calipers front and rear-2 pounds
EBC pro-lite race rotor front-weight loss included with wheels
Galfer wave rear
batt/swap mod-6 pounds
galfer braided lines-all
Muzzys ignition advancer-+3
clean air removed-2 pounds
orient express heavy cluth springs
17/46 gearing

Probably forgot some but its close."

·
Registered
363 Posts
Impressive list moko, but how do you know that lighter wheels from a smaller bike have the necessary strength to work in a Zx11 ??

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
good stuff. thats what i needed. how bout a zx14 motor swap? has anyone done that before? and a quick question about one of the stickies, why do people have a lot more mods on their bikes than is listed in the "aftermarket list" thread. someone (maybe i will) needs to make a "post your mods" thread and have people give the source of each mod. that would make for much easier referencing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also. a little off the subject but just a quick response is needed. the stiffness adjustsments for the the forks, how do you zero them out. mine got all out of whack, i figured i would just keep turning them until they stop and that way i knew that was the end, but they just seemed to keep going. how do i find right in the middle so i can balance them and set them the right way.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Impressive list moko, but how do you know that lighter wheels from a smaller bike have the necessary strength to work in a Zx11 ??
well i dont have the detailed knowledge on it.....but crashtech,and several others ive read on forums have swaped out zx6-zx7,and even fzr1000 rims and swingarms with no problems....including front forks from smaller-lighter racier bikes

i think the weight and power difference between the two....the wheels will hold up fine.....in my opinion that is : )

·
Premium Member
4,944 Posts
also. a little off the subject but just a quick response is needed. the stiffness adjustsments for the the forks, how do you zero them out. mine got all out of whack, i figured i would just keep turning them until they stop and that way i knew that was the end, but they just seemed to keep going. how do i find right in the middle so i can balance them and set them the right way.
Go order front springs/emulators from RaceTech! http://www.racetech.com/

·
Registered
226 Posts
You've asked the same question in the past, it was answered but apparently you refuse to accept the answers, so you'll never be persuaded that it's perfectly fine.
So why keep asking?

Maybe you should consider the maximum load limit of each bike, rather than the empty weight.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just love the idea of a zx-14 motor going into a zx-11! The thing that gets me is that I love the retro look of the zx-11, but it would be nice to just have a newer zx-14 motor without having to pay for the actual whole bike. So lets realistically talk! What would it possibly take to make this happen??

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just love the idea of a zx-14 motor going into a zx-11! The thing that gets me is that I love the retro look of the zx-11, but it would be nice to just have a newer zx-14 motor without having to pay for the actual whole bike. So lets realistically talk! What would it possibly take to make this happen??
A totaled zx14 with a good motor, trans, and harness. I'm sure just about the whole harness would have to be fit onto the zx11. The upside to that as well is you can use the gauges from the 14 :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
A totaled zx14 with a good motor, trans, and harness. I'm sure just about the whole harness would have to be fit onto the zx11. The upside to that as well is you can use the gauges from the 14 :)
Yeah! I just wonder if it can be done and actually be reliable! I know that some fabrication will be needed in order to make it work! I just dont have a spare zx-14 moter lying around to experiment with :headscratch

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah! I just wonder if it can be done and actually be reliable! I know that some fabrication will be needed in order to make it work! I just dont have a spare zx-14 moter lying around to experiment with :headscratch
if i had some disposable income i would do it. unfortunately, i just moved back to FL and am having a hard time finding a job.:eek:hno

·
Registered
9 Posts
holy thread resurrection batman!

A friend has built a very nice hayabusa powered zx11 complete with left sided muzzy pipe. absolute beast of a motorcycle.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts