·
VP Whoring
14,930 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Ehhh. I wouldn't say that much. Maybe like a hundredaire. :evil
:tard

And some should start to pay for being "capits diminutio" an unidaire paying centidaires :evil

·
Registered
562 Posts
"due to the expense of the certification and the insurance."

fuckin money

follow anything back.....and 99% of it,is because of money.....not the hot air they try to blow up our shop coat

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
"due to the expense of the certification and the insurance."

fuckin money

follow anything back.....and 99% of it,is because of money.....not the hot air they try to blow up our shop coat
GTX! :lol

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
5 Posts
Two questions:

1. Does the year of the motorcycle affect if you can use full-synthetic or semi-synthetic? i.e. a non-rebuilt 93 ZX6E1 (what I have). If so, what years are not advised to use synthetics?
I have read motorcycles 92 and older shouldn't run synthetic oil unless they have been rebuilt because the gaskets and oil do not get along or something like that. I don't know how reliable the source was that is why I am asking.
I see the mentioning of age (and potential rumors) but I want to make sure before I go and spend the money.

2. Does this oil meet the parameters of a good oil? I see it is JASO MA2 but all the all the semi-synthetics appear to be that way.
http://www.bikebandit.com/bel-ray-exp-semi-synthetic-motorcycle-motor-oil

Thank you for any help and info.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
No problem for an older bike. This oil at "2" is a pretty good semisynythetic oil. If your engine is reasonably tight, it will run fine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, I know this is an aged post, and you can crush me for resurrecting it, but I’m a new member here and thought I would voice my opinion, nonetheless.

Why is it sooooo difficult to purchase the oil your motorcycle requires from a Kawasaki Dealership? Is it that so many individuals are that cheap they can't afford the spec. oil? I've always, and ALWAYS will be, a believer in obtaining the oil that the engine designers intended to be used in that engine. This is not that difficult. Why should we make it so? I'm not a chemical engineer and don't play one on TV, but I trust the individuals that designed and manufacture the motorcycle I'm riding to know what oil should be used. Isn't it worth protecting your investment? Picking the cheapest brand off the Walmart shelf is not the correct way to address your motorcycle's oil needs/requirements. Your motorcycle is not a car, and your car is not a motorcycle. These two pieces of equipment have very different characteristics in numerus ways let alone heating and cooling factors. To me, you take a chance not worth taking when purchasing oils that are blended for and automobile verses a motorcycle. To each his own I guess, but I prefer the comfort of knowing I made the right choice when I use spec. oils.

Even though I'm 10 years late Thank You villian88 for your post! I really appreciated it! Sure made sense to me.
Will Car Oil Ruin Your Motorcycle Engine? | The Shop Manual - YouTube

Reactions: slim1100

·
Administrator
58,679 Posts
No reason not to.
Valvoline or mobil 1 motorcycle oil readily available at any walmart. Even rotella is jaso ma rated
If I'm on the road it's a lot EZier to find a walmart than a kawi dealer
I doubt kawi is manufacturing their own oil so as long as you get the right specs, viscosity, and rated for bikes there's no reason to spend extra money at a kawi dealer
I'm also not going to go to Acura for my oil or chevrolet. The manuals even specify which oil to get and nothing about dealer oil being any better

·
Registered
28 Posts
No reason not to.
Valvoline or mobil 1 motorcycle oil readily available at any walmart. Even rotella is jaso ma rated
If I'm on the road it's a lot EZier to find a walmart than a kawi dealer
I doubt kawi is manufacturing their own oil so as long as you get the right specs, viscosity, and rated for bikes there's no reason to spend extra money at a kawi dealer
I'm also not going to go to Acura for my oil or chevrolet. The manuals even specify which oil to get and nothing about dealer oil being any better
You and I must live with the decisions we make everyday. As you, no doubt, feel comfortable with your decisions I feel very comfortable with mine.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Didn't realize other decisions weren't allowed
Don't remember excluding any other decisions to be made by you, me or anyone else? Guess I don't understand what you mean. All I stated is, you make and live by your decisions and others make and live by theirs. I didn't say anyone's decision(s) were wrong or right, or did I make any exclusionary remark(s) therein that I'm aware of.

The manuals even specify which oil to get and nothing about dealer oil being any better
I agree the Owner's Manual (OM) doesn't say the dealer's oil is better, but they do make recommendations. The only OM that doesn't make recommendations is my 2002 ZX9R OM.

The following are motorcycles I currently own.
1983 Yamaha XV920 Virago OM recommends: Yamalube 4-cycle
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Illustration
Font Parallel Number Monochrome Document

1989 Honda XL600V Transalp OM recommends: Use Honda 4-Stroke oil
Helmet Jaw Sports gear Font Personal protective equipment
Font Parallel Number Pattern Document

2002 Kawasaki ZX9R OM no recommendation provided.

2007 Honda VFR800 Interceptor OM recommends: Pro Honda GN4 4-stroke oil.

Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Black Automotive design
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Document

2015 Kawasaki KLR650 OM states "Kawasaki oils and lubricants have been specifically engineered for your vehicle."
Rectangle Font Parallel Brand

Font Material property Handwriting Monochrome Parallel

2016 KTM RC390 OM recommends: Motorex Formula 4T. The Swiss Motorex is used in most if not all KTMs.
Wheel Tire Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire
Font Parallel Number Circle Document

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,701 Posts
I prefer to spend $$ on amsoil for my motorcycle oil needs. However, Mobil1 synthetic is my #2 choice in the event I'm broke. Never had an issue with using either one of these in my bikes. As you say, to each their own.

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
ANY oil that meets the recommendations by Kawasaki is good. Does not matter where you purchase it as long as the JASO rating and grade are within specs. Kawasaki oils are made by Elf.
I personally choose a specific brand that meets the specs and has never given me issues. Does not matter which brand or how much it costs, as long as it is within Kawasaki specs.

·
6,920 Posts
I prefer Greek olive oil over Italian. I find the viscosity is a little better.

We need a discussion on valve stems next.

I occasionally wonder who Bob is torturing today ......

41 - 56 of 56 Posts