Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
For someone who hasn't access to this kind of lube, it is an odd situation. But for those who has airplanes (even tough a small portion of sport bike community), or have access to aviation oil is a temptation to use it on their bikes! That is the purpose, obviously, not for a bunch.

·
Registered
310 Posts
OZ.. We run AMSOIL MCV 20W-50 Motorcycle Specific oil in my buddies airplane and we also use AMSOIL HPI oil as an additive in the fuel.. Please tell us how wrong we are.

I built my business without Government help!
Obama can kiss my A**!!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Very, very wrong. Illegal! If it isn't an ultralight, experimental, but a light sport or worst a certified aircraft, wrongest!
Show me the airworthiness certificate of such a plane, first. Secondly, tell the aircraft inspector technitian what you just wrote when the annual or 100 hours inspection is due. Amsoil isn't compatible to any one of the certified aircraft engines, big dotdown.

Ditto.

·
Registered
310 Posts
LOL.... I never said it was Certified for use in an aircraft and I am not dumb enough to tell the inspector.

The oil we use would pass all the requirements, it just is not Certified due to the expense of the certification and the insurance.

I will run what I want when I know it exceeds all the requirements.

Obama can kiss my A**!!

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
Now I've heard from a very informed zxf source that a 50/50 mix of goat urine and zddp is the perfect lubricant for anything and is endorsed by all auto ,motorcycle ,airplane and personal lubricant manufacturers so that's what I'm using. As far as synthetics go they are known in the state of California to cause cancer and destroy the universe within seconds of your first using it ,so that's a no way on synthetic but do what you want to your own peril.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
LOL.... I never said it was Certified for use in an aircraft and I am not dumb enough to tell the inspector.

The oil we use would pass all the requirements, it just is not Certified due to the expense of the certification and the insurance.

I will run what I want when I know it exceeds all the requirements.

Obama can kiss my A**!!
Yes, you know "Bob", automotive engine oil has a lot more additives than aeronautical reciprocating engine oil. Common doctrine in aerospace engineering is that these additives, specially detergents, form ash when they burn and are prone to acid formation too. This has special importance when the pilot is struggling to make an airport, in an emergency with the engine almost melting because some malfunction, even a crankcase seal that broke and depleted almost all the oil, for instance, and he doesn't want a premature freezed framed propeller at all. Ash deposits formed in such situation could lead to a premature blockage on the crankshaft bearings.
Not that car or motorcycle oil could destroy an aircraft engine in seconds, they're just not legal for some precautionary reasons, Mokey?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Now I've heard from a very informed zxf source that a 50/50 mix of goat urine and zddp is the perfect lubricant for anything and is endorsed by all auto ,motorcycle ,airplane and personal lubricant manufacturers so that's what I'm using. As far as synthetics go they are known in the state of California to cause cancer and destroy the universe within seconds of your first using it ,so that's a no way on synthetic but do what you want to your own peril.
That's a guy who gets all the "good info" :lol

·
18,914 Posts
That's a guy who gets all the "good info" :lol
Well we do have our fare share of smart mother fuckers around here .

Edit (smart ass mother fuckers) sorry.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Shouldn't we? What we're doing here is professional smartassesism. Neologism by me.

·
18,914 Posts
Edit;
fair
fare is a fee. We don't charge for being smartasses
Welcome to English made ez , just read our testamonials
Iron8" just last week I couldn't even spell illiterate now I am one "
Ez " dam fine work"
Iron8 " don't you mean damn fine work"
Ez "shut up"

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
As I said, you've got all the good info in here. From a bunch of smart whoremofos.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello y'all, I have a 91zx11 that I did some work on. I have been looking for the type of oil that goes, when on the left side of the bike as you sit on it, there is a small plug. I do believe motor oil goes in there cause it is right where the crank is. Know do I put the oil in where the site glass is or do I also fill from that plug? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts