Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
American Nicky Hayden has admitted that time is running out to get the 2006-spec Honda RC211V ready in time for the start of the new season. The Repsol Honda rider believes that the new bike remains slower than the 2005 machine and that the next two tests in Spain will be hugely important.

Hayden completed three long days of testing at Sepang this week, but on each occasion, the American was not only slower than his team-mate Dani Pedrosa, but also ended each day confused by the direction with which to take with the new bike.

"We've had three hard days testing the different bikes and with so much material to be tested you end up a little confused," he admitted. "Every time I wanted to get onto the track to compare data, the rain decided to fall. It's been a bit frustrating because we left many questions unanswered."

One of those questions, and a vital one at that, is whether or not the new machine, which has been deigned to be easier to set up for all riders, is quicker than its predecessor. Unfortunately, the answer, for the moment, is no.

"The new bike has great potential, but as soon as I get on the other I look at the clock and the times come out easier," Hayden said. "We're not in the best position because we're running out of time - I'm not very happy. I expected to be faster and to have things under control, but it hasn't been as I wanted."

After three tests in Malaysia and another at Phillip Island, Hayden is now looking to returning to Europe for the pre-season IRTA Tests in Jerez and Barcelona - two tests that Hayden believes are crucial for the development of the new bike.

"The next two tests in Barcelona and Jerez will be very important," he said. "Times start to count there, because there won't be much time left for the Spanish Grand Prix. The only thing we can do is to keep on working hard and use those two tests left the best way we can."

Source: Eurosport

1 - 2 of 2 Posts