Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,002 Posts
Most people don't even lock the forks much less hairpin lock or chain the rear wheel, which would make potential thieves
pick it up and carry it, which is much more obvious than rolling one up a ramp into a van.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Nice pictures.

Just read at the other Ninja ZX14 forum about a Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R owner who got his bike stolen Saturday night, stolen out of the hotel parking lot. He rode from Michigan to Austin, Texas to attend MotoGP. This is one of my greatest fears, getting my motorcycle stolen from the hotel parking lot when I travel.
I also worry about that in those hotel lots. A couple of months ago when I took my bike to the track I strapped/locked it to the trailer which was locked to my SUV. I still thought wow if they steal it it'll be a lot of work. After about an hour, I stopped worrying because I have full coverage so it it happens, I'll have a check within a month.

·
Premium Member
13,002 Posts
Several years ago at a hotel in Indy, someone broke the fork lock on my buddy's Wide Glide late one night. They didn't get it totally unlocked but twisted the forks trying. We had to loosen all the pinch bolts and the axle and straighten out the front end so he could ride it. He ended up having to buy a new bottom yoke to fix what the inept thieves screwed up.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts