Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone catch this race? It was unbelievable at the start and full of action. Depuniet on the Kawasaki gained about something like 6 spots and took the lead for a few laps until he crashed on the wet track :banghead. But as we said before Stoner on the Ducati could not come out on top without a long straight. He took third and Rossi took 5th or 6th *sorry cant remember.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Exciting race for sure!!! Stoner may not have come out on top but he beat Rossi, if it rains the rest of season it's all Stoner!! HAHAHAHAHAHA Rossi looked great before the rain hit hard. How about the Hayden crash (OUCH) he must have been pissed - 2 laps from the finish. :clap

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah stoner now has a 21 point lead on Rossi. And that crash Hayden had def had to hurt......too bad too. I had to laugh at the end of the race the Suzuki rider who finished first was like " Hopefully Suzuki and I have many more wins" but he said it like he did an awesome job. But Suzuki hasnt been in first for 6 seasons!!!!! Yeah he did have a couple of good moves but still...its not like hes a real big contender even though he would kick my ass at riding!!

·
Registered
649 Posts
its not like hes a real big contender even though he would kick my ass at riding!!
LOL - mine too... he did ride a good race and it was his first win. Maybe that will get him stoked and push him to the next level.

21 points can go quickly with a crash-out or a few bad races so I guess we'll see how it goes down!

That frickin KAWI dude.... damn him... he was looking good before the crash.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I think Stoner really impressed!!! His maturity on the Ducati is unbelievable!
The way he passed and pulled away from Rossi showed that he is definately the guy to beat this year.
Remember, he is still fairly new to this game and although it seems that he can only win when there is a long straight, one must take the conditions of Sunday in consideration, as well as that he only need to finish in front of Rossi!
I think he might still have won the race if it was dry! It just seems as if he and the Ducati was made for one another.

Yeah, and De Puniet, what can we say, could have been a win for Kawa!
But then again it is easy for us on the sideline to criticise.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Nothin' like a lawnchair racer!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA.... I wouldn't even think of leanin' it over in the rain. My hat's off to all the racers on Sunday, especially those who went down in such unfavorable conditions. :pint

·
Registered
990 Posts
Very interesting race

Congrats to Chris Vermuelen, great ride to get his first MotoGP win :clap :clap :clap Anyone who's followed World Superbikes will know how talented he is, with 2 runner up spots in his 2 years in that championship + winning the Supersports title before that. I think both him & Hopper make the bike look better than it is - how long before Hopper starts to get his elbows down on the blue bike :crazyloco

Great to see the Kwak at the front, the way De Puniet came through the field was stunning, pity it did not last but far more experienced riders than him threw it away so no great shame IMO.

Stoner has really gelled with the Ducati & the team, looks unbeatable for the title so far :squint

·
Registered
990 Posts
I can't say I like the current rain rules either, in fact I pretty much hate watching any wet race, it's too much of a lottery. Watching Chris Walker win in World Superbikes at Assen in the wet on the 10R last year was far too tense for me, I can't imagine what it was like for him & the team.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts