Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be heading out to ride with 650ib in the near future and then finishing the season at Summit Point main. Pics and vid to follow.

On a side note, I've noticed some rear rim run-out on the H2. It is definitely concerning but I'll need to inspect the needle bearing in the hub for damage when I do my next tire change. Watch this space.

·
6,623 Posts
Good to hear you are out again. I'm heading to Sears Point at the end of the month. I doubt this forum will want to hear about my GSXR750 or S1000RR rack bikes though. I have been to Thunderhill and Buttonwillow on the GSXR750 already this year.

Have you spun the wheel on your H2 to see if it is where the runout is? I recently swapped the hub and axle on my H2 SX SE to an H2 hub and axle so I can put my bike on a Pitbull TRS. Those axle needle bearings are huge. If there was a failure I whould think it would show other symptoms. The nice part is the swap saved me over 3 lbs and I now have the Brembo rear caliper.

The toughest part of getting into that H2 axle is torquing the nuts to 148 lb ft. I grabbed a set of torque sticks and used a 150 lb ft stick. I cannot imagine 2 lb ft would be an issue.

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to hear you are out again. I'm heading to Sears Point at the end of the month. I doubt this forum will want to hear about my GSXR750 or S1000RR rack bikes though. I have been to Thunderhill and Buttonwillow on the GSXR750 already this year.

Have you spun the wheel on your H2 to see if it is where the runout is? I recently swapped the hub and axle on my H2 SX SE to an H2 hub and axle so I can put my bike on a Pitbull TRS. Those axle needle bearings are huge. If there was a failure I whould think it would show other symptoms. The nice part is the swap saved me over 3 lbs and I now have the Brembo rear caliper.

The toughest part of getting into that H2 axle is torquing the nuts to 148 lb ft. I grabbed a set of torque sticks and used a 150 lb ft stick. I cannot imagine 2 lb ft would be an issue.
Thanks man. Yeah I'd love to hear about your Sears Point excursion. I'm going to give the rear wheel a good long look this weekend and make sure the play isn't coming from the hub.

That was a smart mod you did on the H2 SXSE. You can really tell where Kawasaki cut corners to keep the costs down. You going to do the M50 calipers as well?

·
6,623 Posts
I'm not a big fan of M50 calipers. I frankly don't find them any better than the stock Tokiko's with good pads. Now for the track bike, the GSXR750 is running GP4-RR and I'm just now putting these on my S1000RR:

Here is the front end on my GSXR750

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not a big fan of M50 calipers. I frankly don't find them any better than the stock Tokiko's with good pads. Now for the track bike, the GSXR750 is running GP4-RR and I'm just now putting these on my S1000RR:

Here is the front end on my GSXR750

Damn those are sexy man.

In all honesty, Tokiko have always made great breaks. If you have a quality Master Cylinder and good pads there are no issues. Brembo's are typically a little lighter, cool a little better and have longer service intervals but that's about it. Stopping-Powerwise, it's all the same I think.

Over the winter I think I'm going to remove the ABS from the H2. It saves about 5lbs as well. I'm pretty much track only on the H2 and quite frankly, ABS is only good in the rain which the H2 never sees.

·
6,623 Posts
The funny part of swapping to an H2 axle is the harassment I got on a forum. Everyone kept arguing that they made the double axle on the H2 SX because of the higher payload capacity since it can carry a passenger and bags. They all shut up when I showed them that the only thing holding the inner axle to the outer axle is two skinny, wimpy aluminum washers at the very ends of the outer axle. This was clearly a cost cutting measure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts